Pulsar Trail XP 50 Wifi/Stream Vision problems

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by Spence Dilworth, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Spence Dilworth

Spence Dilworth New Member

I can connect to my scope via the app but my connection drops pretty quick. I have never been able to download video wirelessly. I was recently able to update the firmware but had to try several times because of the lost connection. This happens with two different types of iPhones and my iPad. Anybody have any experience with this?

PS - I absolutely love this scope otherwise.

2. Msnix123

Msnix123 New Member

I have this same issue with my Trail XQ38. Yesterday spent about an hour trying to download some videos to my app, but kept dropping signal. Tried researching but couldn't find much help....

3. Wildfowler

Wildfowler Mis'sippi SUS VENATOR CLUB

Try deleting the app and reloading.

I had to do that when I first got set up and that seem to make it more stable.

However the last time I used it it did feel like the signal from the scope was not sufficient.

I did close my app and reopen it and that solved the problem that night. I may have also power the scope off during that bit of frustration.

theblakester likes this.
  4. Msnix123

Msnix123 New Member

I deleted and re downloaded app and it appears to have fixed my problem. Thanks for the tip

5. JFireHawk

JFireHawk New Member

I am having problems too. I have an android galaxy s7 with the newest firmware for it. I think its 9.0.
    I tried uninstalling the stream vision app and reinstalling but still wont work. I turn the wifi on in the scope(Helion XQ38F), then open wifi on phone and connect to scope, then open stream vision. When I open stream vision My Devices is not lit up. So I press Connect Your Device and it finds the helion. When I press that it says to connect manually. But I'm already connected via my phone. Just doesnt make any sense. The older version of stream vision worked great but this new one doesnt work so great for a galaxy s7.

6. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

This is the first time I've ever commented to anything online, but I'm going to add to this due to pure frustration and the fact that my scope is the coolest thing I've ever owned. I have an iPhone 8, and when I first got my Trail XP50 a month back, I could get the SV app to connect, but it always said "Weak Security" and didn't stay connected for long through the view finder on my phone. I have everything updated, and now I try to connect to the wifi on the settings on my phone, and it will detect the scope, and I can click on the wifi, and it will connect to the scope momentarily, and then say "no internet connection" on my phone. The scope will show the icon in the bottom, that it's connected to my phone. On the SV app, it will say "Trail XP50 Connected" but I can't get the "View Finder" or "Files" to highlight, so I can view through my phone. I deleted SV and reinstalled it, and it made no difference. I'm begrudgingly going to do the latest version update on my phone, (which historically makes my phone(s) suck), just to have everything skippy. I'm also going to fully charge my batteries, to see if that will help with the signal strength and report back. Like others, I freaking love my Trail XP50, but the Stream Vision app seems to be the one option, and its garbage, currently. If they could fix it, it would be nails!

7. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

So I did everything imaginable with all software, charged batteries, restarting and reloading everything, and in the end, it just doesn't work for dung. I got my phone fully connected on the first try with a new battery, and wasn't able to repeat it again. Fo'shizzle.

8. JoeBano

JoeBano New Member

Is there any other alternative to Vision Stream?

9. JoeBano

JoeBano New Member

By that I mean can you get the firmware updates directly from pulsar? Really the only thing I am interested in is the updates.