PRIMOS TRIGGER STICKS REVIEW. TALL TRIPOD/ TALL MONOPOD

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Happy Birthday! Glad I could bless you with helping you get rid of gun parts for your gift! Don't mention it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL Dan, sure thing and it went out early this AM

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
FINALLY, The wife asked what I wanted for my upcoming B'day and I said a Tripod Trigger Stick(tall)...just ordered off ebay for $115..Going off now to do my Happy Dance!
You are going to like your present I love mine and VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Note on the Primos Trigger stick. I picked up a tripod last winter, and for the most part left it in the back of my open pickup bed. After 7 months of rain cold and now heat, they locked up. I should have known better, however I had thought considering it was "hunting gear" it would hold up better to the elements.

As a $100 replacement I picked up a Bog Pod tripod, and have it set at a fixed height to use as a monopod for spotting, and then a comfortable height to use in the tripod position for shooting. Aside from getting used to the new yoke, its much lighter to carry in the field.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got mine today Happy B'day to me, very well made!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, I have no video capabilities but I will see what I can do...Thanks

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Note on the Primos Trigger stick. I picked up a tripod last winter, and for the most part left it in the back of my open pickup bed. After 7 months of rain cold and now heat, they locked up. I should have known better, however I had thought considering it was "hunting gear" it would hold up better to the elements.

As a $100 replacement I picked up a Bog Pod tripod, and have it set at a fixed height to use as a monopod for spotting, and then a comfortable height to use in the tripod position for shooting. Aside from getting used to the new yoke, its much lighter to carry in the field.
So you prefer the bog pod? You are one of the first I've seen that has preferred it over the trigger sticks that has actually used both. Is it because the failed after being left out that you switched? Or do you prefer the bog pod better and why? I have not owned the bog pod but have hunted with people who did and they were leaving them in the truck to use the trigger sticks. I am always curious to know maybe there is something I am missing.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Without a monocular, I use my Thermal scope for spotting & stalking. With the trigger stick Id get the height set as a mono pod and use it that way for spotting. Once in position on a target Id open the legs up, and readjust the height as a tripod. None of the legs dropped equally so it always took a few extra seconds to get everything adjusted right. Yes the Bogpod is a pain to change the height, which is why I set it in one spot and simply lean into it when using it as a mono pod. I also have one of the three legs set an inch longer then the other two. With the gun resting in the yoke I can grab the other two legs pull them out and back, and I'm set.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
is there a picatinny rail for the top to attach scope mounts to? I want to attach a Pic rail to the top of my tripod to attach scope w mounts attaches I have a male 1/4-20 male sticking up..trying to do this not attached to a weapon

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Drill a hole in a pic rail... thread it with a 1/4-20 tap. Golden?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are more handy than I, I will try to get someone to do just that. The yoke does not secure a thermal or night vision enough to be safe so I was thinking of this to make it steady AND safe

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yikes! Nice piece, but way too pricey for me. A trip to Sears and an ability to use a drill and twist a screwdriver handle... I'll take $20 worth of tools and some practice on a scrap piece of metal. Make a hole, hold the tap straight, and just pay attention as you cut a little thread in... back it out to clear chips, and repeat until you're through.

And, if I have buggered threads in the future, my tool is waiting to be put to work cleaning it up.

Sears.com

spin_prod_520436301

Sears.com

spin_prod_1142667712

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah that one is only $26 but I get your point about making one...Thanks Lancer!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, i wouldn't pay the $68 but i didn't think the $26 was too bad. I know Frank's time is valuable!!!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I didn't catch the two separate brands/prices. The $26 one is more like it... especially for the tool challenged. Although, I'm surprised to see the **** offering to be that much cheaper than a competitor.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Franks skills in the tool dept is weak, besides the tools and rail to buy I could not do it cheaper than $26, I just hate giving a dime to ****

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've said it before... I have faith in you.

I unnerstan' though...would hurt to order from there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I stopped at the checkout, just could not do it...guess I will use velcro straps