PRIMOS TRIGGER STICKS REVIEW. TALL TRIPOD/ TALL MONOPOD

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like they should hold up in the rain and such, we use them under all conditions...I wonder if they have a make new service?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine were out in the rain and mud all weekend. So far so good.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am waiting till Black Friday to get one...it will be fresh as a Daisey!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I saw Brian's at the meet and greet. The have changed the design. I like the new ones better.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have a Bog Pod now. I don't like having to carry it fully extended while I walk. I prefer the trigger stick. The new ones have a shorter trigger and are lighter than my old one. I'm going to get a new one for walking and keep the Bog Pod for sitting.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah now I need to find out the difference between the one I posted and the trigger stick, it may be one has the trigger and one does not.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The trigger stick has a trigger to allow for vertical adjustment. The one you posted has to be manually adjusted by twisting each leg.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, I got to have the trigger, cool at 11 0z though

Last edited:

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
The adjustability of that tripod with one hand as shown in the video is amazing. Here is the one I have at it can NOT do those types of adjustments that quickly with one hand. It is a major manual operation to set each leg to the proper height with mine and hence I only use it for zeroing activities when prone or otherwise position can't be done.

http://www.precisionriflesolutions.com/apps/webstore/products/show/839436

I will seriously consider that tripod thanks for the data!

Note, I did run over my tripod with my buggy one time and it still functions fine, but I wouldn't recommend that test :).

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This latest hog in my 120 ='s 262 thread was shot off my Primos Trigger Stick BI-POD. I carry it with the legs collapsed and together. When stalking it is pulled out to the proper length with the legs still together. This way it acts as a mono-pod and you can easily swing it from side to side. Also you can push it away from you for closer viewing and pull it back towards you for farther viewing.

For the anticipated shot,the legs come apart only about 3 -3.5'. This seems to be stable enough for my use. The trigger stick rides around in my truck always and is taken on almost every hunt ... including in my Bad Boy Buggy. --- pruhdlr

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I accidentally left my primos trigger sticks tall tripod jim Shockey edition out in the field about 2 weeks ago. I got them yesterday. 2 of the legs were sticking pretty bad and didn't want to collapse down. I got them home and oiled everything with wD-40. Everything works like new except one leg... After extending the legs and spreading them, one leg won't stay extended. It won't even support the weight of the tripod without a gun on it anymore :/

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wonder if they will replace or rehab them?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll try to find out tmrw

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey never hurts to ask or beg for what you want...lol

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
My new Primos (tripod) trigger stick finally arrived. I ordered it 3 Dec 2014, arrived 15 Jan 2015. Too late for hunting trip :(.

But it is amazing how much more steady and solid it feels than my other PR tripod and yet they are the same weight. The ability to use that trigger thingy to move the mount point of the tripod in any direction and achieve optimal position is the most amazing aspect.

I got to use TLM's stick a little bit, and I didn't recall having to manipulate the legs to spread and unspread them as much as I do with mine. But re-watching the video at the start of this thread, TLM is using hands and legs to manipulate the spread aspect, though gravity can do some of it. Otherwise it is a "one handed" operation.

I'll try it out in the field this weekend.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use the bi pod version ... works well.