Picked up a hog oiler

Lrtx1

LSB Member
I like that but we just use old carpet tied around a post or tree saturated in oil, you were lucky to find one of those

You can find them pretty easily. It's finding one that doesn't cost a fortune that's tough.

D

djones

i find hogs much easier to oil if i shoot off one of their front legs first and then stick their back legs in my boots

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am betting that is the way those dirt clods get shot so often?

Lrtx1

LSB Member
So, the oiler has been out at the bait site for a couple of months. Pigs visit the site frequently but, I haven't had any activity on the oiler......until now! Put out some corn today and the oiler had hair and dirt all over it.

I'm guessing in the cooler months the pigs didn't have a need to use it. Lice and such probably isn't much of a problem in the winter.

I moved the camera to see the oiler in action. Will post pics if they use it again.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So, the oiler has been out at the bait site for a couple of months. Pigs visit the site frequently but, I haven't had any activity on the oiler......until now! Put out some corn today and the oiler had hair and dirt all over it.

I'm guessing in the cooler months the pigs didn't have a need to use it. Lice and such probably isn't much of a problem in the winter.

I moved the camera to see the oiler in action. Will post pics if they use it again.
Going to be cool seeing them at the oil station!!! SLICK SLICK!!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i find hogs much easier to oil if i shoot off one of their front legs first and then stick their back legs in my boots
As he looks over his shoulder when called for dinner out in the field " I am helping him thru the fence"!!! BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He wasn't kidding about shooting off their legs lol

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
make sure to post pics from the game cam!