New--Tube Trap

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am having trigger issues a bit. It's fine for me but not for consumers. It has to work every time for every animal ( ie. sly soft footed predators and mad hogs) without having to repair anything. I made a new one today and may set it tomorrow somewhere. Have to work the bugs out and will do it by trying them.

if you haven't already, try tapering the end of the bar that holds the gate up. It may make it easier for your customers to set a lighter trigger. Remember that most all commercially available traps must be adjusted for the target species. So far as I know, there is no one trap/trigger design that will trap everything that could be targeted.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
we could sell tons of your traps over here!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
if you haven't already, try tapering the end of the bar that holds the gate up. It may make it easier for your customers to set a lighter trigger. Remember that most all commercially available traps must be adjusted for the target species. So far as I know, there is no one trap/trigger design that will trap everything that could be targeted.
I have it tapered actually. It's not horrible but I like a trigger that works with as little effort as possible. The good thing about these traps is their ability to catch various species, anything that will go under the fence can be caught whether targeted or not. If it was just predators I would use a floor plate trigger like my other coyote traps but hogs will destroy anything that is on the bottom of the trap. I have a spring loaded trigger on the new one. I would like a small electric (battery)trigger but not sure where to start.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that 880 its a plot cam too, will take pics all day and night long, best I have used.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I didn't get any destructions with them, Should be pretty close to my old Moultrie. Don't remember the model but it was black and worked good.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Frank. I actually like to read the destructions, it usually eliminates issues and lets you see functions you didn't know about.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah, I have been using them so long it is second nature but there is a lot that cam can do and I like the wide angle lens, shows you a lot more than some cams do.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Trap Success.....Kind of. Not really though, it may have been his tracks the other night and not a coyote. Boxers have real small feetdog in trap 001.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Had to be him returning, know who he belongs too? Looks none the worse for wear, maybe he learned something!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He had a collar and tags and had his head down in shame. He was warned not to come back. Besides, he is going to be trying to crap out plastic burger packaging and will be a bit sick to his stomach I hope. I sprayed down the trap and reset.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
so you just released him to return home by himself? He looks shamed and in trouble...lol

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Poor pup looks like he got caught in the cookie jar!!! PUP PUP!! It works though!!!:)

Not for the pup!!! He just looks to pitiful in there!!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bad dog !! Go home ! LOL Gotta love it.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm rolling over here! That pup just looks deflated!! He knows damn well he screwed up....... It might be a while before he's willing to eat a meal not served at home.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
congrats on the game cams! let us know how the new trap works out.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dogs. Boxer came back but stayed out of the trap ( pics of him all around every side)M1 004.JPG M1 009.JPG but him and his buddy got the meat out through the back.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time for a paint ball spot/stalk. Blow guns work GREAT with 'em.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well darn, that sucks!