New--Tube Trap

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here's a new "Tube Trap" I designed because of opportunity to catch at fence crossings before the critters spread out across a property. Good for small to medium hogs although I would trust it to hold a 200# hog, good for coyotes to catch them at their most vulnerable moment coming under a fence, may be good for Bobcats. We have a lot of them. Hopefully I can catch something soon for pictures and I will make more if they start selling.
This is a prototype. Always looking for more and new ways to catch!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no reason that should not work well, good luck!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good looking trap! Placing it at fence crossing should work well.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan, that looks like it ought to do the job. Post up the results!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
have you put a game camera on it?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I cannot tell why you call it a tube trap, is it round in the front, maybe a better pic when it is not set up...Good luck

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I cannot tell why you call it a tube trap, is it round in the front, maybe a better pic when it is not set up...Good luck
Tube trap just came to mind. It is round on top, then when lightly covered with weeds/branches etc.. looks like a trail going through the brush, reminds me of tubes going through the weeds.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
have you put a game camera on it?
I am down to 1 camera I have somewhere else. I lost 2 of them on the San Marcos river when a flood came through and haven't replaced them. They keep getting more expensive too.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So the update on the Tube Trap--- checked it early this morning, meat is gone, trap is full of coyote tracks in the sand. The song dog went through the inverted "V" trigger, got the bait and turned around and left. The good thing is the first time ever set I had a coyote in my trap...that is a great accomplishment. It's tough to do, so very satisfied with that. I had to squeeze the "V" tighter and put the trigger on the "hair trigger" set. After dumping all that sand through the top the trigger rod was pretty gritty and I had the trigger rod set all the way out on the door which requires more push. Went to little store down the street and grabbed some burger in the package and wired it to the back of the trap with some holes in it. Confident on a catch soon God willing!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So the update on the Tube Trap--- checked it early this morning, meat is gone, trap is full of coyote tracks in the sand. The song dog went through the inverted "V" trigger, got the bait and turned around and left. The good thing is the first time ever set I had a coyote in my trap...that is a great accomplishment. It's tough to do, so very satisfied with that. I had to squeeze the "V" tighter and put the trigger on the "hair trigger" set. After dumping all that sand through the top the trigger rod was pretty gritty and I had the trigger rod set all the way out on the door which requires more push. Went to little store down the street and grabbed some burger in the package and wired it to the back of the trap with some holes in it. Confident on a catch soon God willing!
You'll get him. Good shake down set though. Productive spot.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
tomorrow will be the day, I can feel it!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
we have successfuly used a similar concept to trap aligators and bears but we have always called it a culvert trap. it got that name because the first ones were made of a short section of culvert with a drop gate on one side and some sort of metal grate on the other. Now we just use two 55 gal barrels welded together, again with one end having some sort of grate and the ther having the drop gate. It helps to cut vents in them to allow air passage too.

It looks like what you have should work pretty well!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am having trigger issues a bit. It's fine for me but not for consumers. It has to work every time for every animal ( ie. sly soft footed predators and mad hogs) without having to repair anything. I made a new one today and may set it tomorrow somewhere. Have to work the bugs out and will do it by trying them.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
http://www.trailcampro.com/

Check out their demo cameras also
I scored on 3 Trail cameras today for 150.00. They are about 500.00 plus on line, just what I was looking for. Guy took them on trade on a tree trimming job and doesn't hunt so had no use for them.3 moultries 001.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Little one looks like an M880, great cams, I have several..you are fixed up now!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is an M880, it was the easiest to set up, look forward to getting them out. Sales slowed down because of a few reasons I suppose, giving me more time to play.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like you're all set! Hope to see some new pics soon.

Preferably of that coyote trapped....