New gopro Black

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I'm going to really try and step up video production and quality so I ordered a gopro, a four channel remote stereo microphone, and some other odds and ends. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to use this equipment. There are many what seem like great ideas floating around in this mind of mine, now to see if they will look as good on video. I've been researching, reading, and watching all the how to, tips and tricks to making great videos for the past week it looks so easy but so far my results are way below my expectations.

While my wild hog subjects will never compare to these subjects this homemade video it really shows the capabilities of the gopro. Enjoy!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are gonna need a cameraman and gear hauler..those are great cams, not sure what they do at night.

you young pervert!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love my gopro. I have taken a ton of videos. Mostly mounted on the car. I have a mount that mounts it on the rail of an ar. I have yet to try that out. I wanted to take video today at the range with it mounted on my 458 socom but the range master said no

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It will be strictly for the day Frank. Pervert??? I was using that as an example of the cameras capabilities. Strictly artistic!!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been eyeballing the GoPro Hero 3+ Black. Looks like a fun video camera.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love your artistic!

I still think you need a cameraman to carry and film your hunts

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love your artistic!

I still think you need a cameraman to carry and film your hunts

I wish but who's going to want to do that. I've had a ton of people volunteer but then they want to hunt not video lol.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well i would if I was there, just offer to film a hunt for them too every 4-5 of yours and see what happens.

Look at all these TV guys, the poor camera man seldom gets to hunt and they have been filming long before they were on TV

Harris hawker

LSB Member
I love my gopro 3
I got the silver.
If there was a badass award for electrics, this gets it.
The wifi addition, which allows you to use your smart phone as a video viewer, is exactly what it needed.
Down load the app!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have mine linked to my iPhone and my ipad. If your close enough to it you can use it like a spy cam. I love that feature

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My iPhone ranged about 25 yards. My ipad did so much better. I set it out aiming at squirrel bait and sat back and waited till they all came in. Then i went out and shot squirrels. Made for a good squirrel season

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what Is the report on the black?

what do you like and what does it lack?

Last edited:

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love the feature of connecting it to my iPad to watch it and set it up. What I do wish it did was take a higher speed video. I would like to be able to slow it down more and get better frame by frame

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
is the black the top model?

what speed does it shoot now?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like it. The sunset time lapse in the thermal & night vision comparison video was done with the gopro. Low light it's not that great but for daytime it's good. Shoots 60fps in 1080 and 1080 super wide. 120fps in 720. And 30 fps in 4k. I built an over the shoulder mount using a old camelback backpack guess I'm going to have to walk the swamps agin to get some daytime kills.

The best feature for me is the iPhone app that let's me change settings and view my shot set up.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Even at 120fps I couldn't catch a kill shot. I hung it in my tree and used the iPhone app to catch a squirrel kill shot but it was too slow

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Even at 120fps I couldn't catch a kill shot. I hung it in my tree and used the iPhone app to catch a squirrel kill shot but it was too slow
Were you trying to catch the kill or the bullet? You will have to be shooting subsonic and go to the 240fps to catch the bullet. Resolution is so low it's not really worth it though.