New Armasight TAU-2 firmware AGC On/Off + extras.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Armasight just called me saying the standard units do not have a firmware update yet the board is different in the pro vs the standard.
So there is a difference other than the lens size and waterproofing?

What do you mean when you say "board" is different?

Thanks

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I just ordered my Zeus 3x 640 75 yesterday at 6pm and got a shipping notice yesterday. I was told they just received them that morning from Armasight, less than an hour drive away. I sure hope it comes with the new firmware, but if not, they said call them and they would take care of it. Just my luck, finally make up my mind to mortgage the farm and have to send it in for an update.LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I just ordered my Zeus 3x 640 75 yesterday at 6pm and got a shipping notice yesterday. I was told they just received them that morning from Armasight, less than an hour drive away. I sure hope it comes with the new firmware, but if not, they said call them and they would take care of it. Just my luck, finally make up my mind to mortgage the farm and have to send it in for an update.LOL
There is no update for the standard units at this time only the pro line go the update per Armasight.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So there is a difference other than the lens size and waterproofing?

What do you mean when you say "board" is different?

Thanks
The pro has compass, bluetooth wifi other extras so its different they say the new firmware will not work with the standard line yet its set for the pro.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The pro has compass, bluetooth wifi other extras so its different they say the new firmware will not work with the standard line yet its set for the pro.
Also the core is different right?
One thing I noticed with all the new enhancement settings is it doesn't save what you put it when you turn it off and then back on. Like if I change my contrast and smart scene settings from the default settings and then turn the unit off. It goes back to default when I turn it back on. Not a big deal. But it's somewhat annoying to go back and do it each time I turn it on.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Also the core is different right?
One thing I noticed with all the new enhancement settings is it doesn't save what you put it when you turn it off and then back on. Like if I change my contrast and smart scene settings from the default settings and then turn the unit off. It goes back to default when I turn it back on. Not a big deal. But it's somewhat annoying to go back and do it each time I turn it on.

Core is the same resolution just more options requires different update per Armasight.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now I'm not sure. I just got a call from George at Armasight and he told me it is only for the PRO.
I've got pages of emails from "George", and everyone of them were crap, it's one of the reasons I recorded every conversation since then. He either doesn't know what he's talking about or he just makes things up on the fly. I'm rather suprised that he has anything to do with customer service since Dimitri told me he was removing him from that position. If Armasight has a problem, it's with the people getting their stories straight...not the best way to run a business. I'm going to California on buisness soon and I plan on making a stop at the Armasight world head quarters and their assembly plant in Arizona...I'll post plenty of pictures.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've also been told they have the update for the standard Zeus.

Originally the guys in the office thought that they found out last Friday that was not so. I called to confirm Friday afternoon and they said yet it was for both lines, by Friday evening they called back and said it was just for the pro at this date.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm supposed to get two 75mm Zeus scopes next week from Aaron that were built two weeks ago. Guess I'll have to break out some batteries to find out if I can turn off the AGC or not.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I talked to them today. No update yet for the standard Zeus etc line, they are working on something for it.

If you ordered 2 weeks ago, hopefully they have the firmware prior to this last update that some of us have.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a 75mm arriving today, I'll let you know what it has installed.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It speaks volumes when a man who is sponsored by a company can't get the correct information...need to start the caveat emptor club.

Well to be fair I just talked to someone on the phone at the main office when I called the first time not my normal contact, and they did call back fairly quickly to let me know the info he gave me was wrong.

I talked to them today. No update yet for the standard Zeus etc line, they are working on something for it.

If you ordered 2 weeks ago, hopefully they have the firmware prior to this last update that some of us have.

Wow look at that the exact same thing I typed last friday.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Well to be fair I just talked to someone on the phone at the main office when I called the first time not my normal contact, and they did call back fairly quickly to let me know the info he gave me was wrong.

Wow look at that the exact same thing I typed last friday.

Yup, but mine has been sitting there since Tuesday last week, so I needed a status of what they were planning, so I called. Apparently in the last change, the AGC isn't even functional. Even though there is contrast and sharpness adjustments, AGC was not turned on from what I gathered.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup, but mine has been sitting there since Tuesday last week, so I needed a status of what they were planning, so I called. Apparently in the last change, the AGC isn't even functional. Even though there is contrast and sharpness adjustments, AGC was not turned on from what I gathered.
With all the new cores the agc is automatic until the new firmware is installed. Then you have the option to turn the filter on and off along with the amount it will kick in.

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm beginning to think that when I stop by the Armasight headquarters and assembly plant it's gong to be in the back of someone's garage...had to send a q-14 back for black spots. It seems that FLIR told them they needed to be assembled in a clean room that dust will cause the black spots...they are now building a clean room. To find that out after they've shipped who knows how many is amazing to me. Is there anybody here that hasn't had to ship something back? The caveat emptor club is alive and well.