New Armasight TAU-2 firmware AGC On/Off + extras.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video.

really good information

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sO MUCH BETTER...THANKS

YellowHammer

North Alabama
Thanks for the video. As much as I don't want to pay the shipping/insurance to send my brand new scope in for an update this video may have convinced me. I should have waited another couple of months and got one with the new firmware already loaded. I'm still in post-purchase sticker shock and gun shy about pulling out the wallet :)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yellow, you could call and beg, that is what I tend to do for them to pay shipping

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the video. As much as I don't want to pay the shipping/insurance to send my brand new scope in for an update this video may have convinced me. I should have waited another couple of months and got one with the new firmware already loaded. I'm still in post-purchase sticker shock and gun shy about pulling out the wallet :)
Yellowhammer you need to talk to Andrew at Armasight, his extension number is 110. He's in charge of their customer service. I've dealt with him several times over several issues and he has always resolved things immediately or as soon as possible. Just remember he doesn't show up for work until 1100 our time. He can have their shipping department send you a shipping label. its a tax write off for them, and a size able out of pocket expense for you with shipping insurance etc. They just need a weight.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
TY! I'm selling my Insight CVND-T clip-on and going with a new Zeus 640 3-24x75 and wanted to make sure. I called a rep at Nightvisionguys and he told me it was just for PRO. I'm gonna see if they can update mine before they send it.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Now I'm not sure. I just got a call from George at Armasight and he told me it is only for the PRO.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pro and standard scopes are shipping with the new firmware. Also pro and standard thermals with the latest core can be firmware updated.

I called and asked before I saw shawns answer here.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Here is email from Andrew

Hi Shawn,

The firmware update is available for both series. However all new units will have the firmware already installed.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Andrew Amongol

Director of Customer Service

Armasight Inc.

815 Dubuque Avenue

South San Francisco, CA 94080

Office/Fax: (650) 265-4279

Toll Free: (888) 959-2259, ext #110

andrewa@armasight.com

www.armasight.com

cid:image001.jpg@01D0C06D.4FBCB5C0

From: Shawn Simpson [mailto:shawnsimpson@tuscaloosatoyota.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 2:24 PM
To: andrewa@armasight.com
Subject: FIRMWARE UPDATE

Andrew,

Is the new firmware update for all the Zeus line or just the PRO models? I’m in the process of ordering the Zeus 640 3-24x75 30hz.

Thanks,

Shawn Simpson

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Armasight just called me saying the standard units do not have a firmware update yet the board is different in the pro vs the standard.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
surprised they have different people saying different things. Usually Andrew is the go-to,guy there. Oh well, really doesn't matter in my case because supposedly all the new units being shipped have the newest firmware. I guess I'll see soon.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
surprised they have different people saying different things. Usually Andrew is the go-to,guy there. Oh well, really doesn't matter in my case because supposedly all the new units being shipped have the newest firmware. I guess I'll see soon.

Andrew is the one that called me he is working on it now. Obviously there is some confusion but from what he just said no standard units will have the firmware update.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Thanks for the info. I was hoping the AGC on/off would be on the standard models too. My Armasight Predator would experience the same wash out when panning around as well and was hoping the new Zeus I'm getting would be better due to having AGC on/off. Keep us updated.