New Armasight TAU-2 firmware AGC On/Off + extras.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My Zeus 3x 75mm arrived today, I don't know beans from shinola about these things except it doesn't have an AGC that can be turned on/off in the menu. With that said will the back ground auto dim when there is a hot object? I just sent back a $600 ATN x-sight because I didn't think it was safe. I know I can send this back and get the firmware/software updated because a friend has already pulled his and it it back at the factory. It's just frustrating is all that no-one seems to know what is going on at Armasight.LOL I have to or cry, 6-7K a lot of money to some folks.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My Zeus 3x 75mm arrived today, I don't know beans from shinola about these things except it doesn't have an AGC that can be turned on/off in the menu. With that said will the back ground auto dim when there is a hot object? I just sent back a $600 ATN x-sight because I didn't think it was safe. I know I can send this back and get the firmware/software updated because a friend has already pulled his and it it back at the factory. It's just frustrating is all that no-one seems to know what is going on at Armasight.LOL I have to or cry, 6-7K a lot of money to some folks.

Watch brains videos he is using the 75mm you can still safely shoot. There is no firmware update for the standard at this time I'm told they are working on it so he sent it back for nothing.

Go look through the scope see what you think it should still look awesome the firmware will just add some contrast.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, I've watched his and your 75mm video's also watched the first 2x video where it auto dimmed the back grounds. That is the one that has been sent back, and he has demo'd another that did not dim down like the one he sent back. Like I said I don't know beans from shinola,

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to hook up a battery pack and dvr to the silly thing. I think I need some adapters or splitters. Finally gave up and called customer support to figure out how to get the silly remote off the rail LOL.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Your scope is completely usable, with good quality. No need to send anything back, it's not broke.

If you check out my latest video under the video section, you will end take a boar with the same firmware as you have. So wait until the Armasight comes up with something like the Pro where the AGC is scalable. You will still have a great image for hunting.

As for the DVR, I thought the cable came with a splitter. But would have to look at the cable that comes with the units, but sounds like you may have figured it out.

As for the remote, brute force lol.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OH NO, this puppy ain't going back! The remote, just popped off, no brute force to it. Makes me want to machine a mount for the battery pack/DVR to mount to the scope instead of the silly rubber mount, but maybe that's to absorb recoil or something. There's a cable with the scope, a cable on the battery unit, and a cable on the DVR. So far I've only figured out how to hook one at a time to the scope. Can't seem to hook the battery to the DVR, or DVR to the battery.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My 75mm is the old core. I'm not a fan of the rubber mounts either Dave made some solid metal mounts for the dvr.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just an FYI a little under 20 units were sold with the wrong firmware installed, the scopes still work fine but the defaults were not set properly and when you turn the scope off whatever custom settings you chose are lost. If you have one of these contact armasight for a free update.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just an FYI a little under 20 units were sold with the wrong firmware installed, the scopes still work fine but the defaults were not set properly and when you turn the scope off whatever custom settings you chose are lost. If you have one of these contact armasight for a free update.
I talked with George first then called back the next and talked with Andrew about the firmware confusion. Everything was explained properly and I was given the option of updating to a Pro series if I wanted to send mine back. I felt like I had the perfect setup of magnification and lens size without the firmware.. I've asked several other questions about accessories that I purchased and they have been exceptional in their CS department unlike another company that I won't mention again.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
As always watch in 1080 HD

I just both both the zuess pro 30hz 100mm 640. I live in florida high humidity. So to get a better i need to go into setting a nuc it. From the factory the linear agc is off and the agc filter is set at 40smart scene at 20 sharpness at 50. Thanks have not evening mounted it yet and only used it for about 20 mins. Got it two weeks ago. Thanks for your video.