My Kinda Night.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What if it's tight to the point of kinda sticking in the bolt? I checked it and compared it to my 223. The 223 round just falls out of the bolt with no resistance. The 6.8 takes a little tug to get it to release. I have the standard extractor spring installed.

Just catching up on these threads, is the jamming issue over for sure? If not it definitely could be the bolt face. I had same issue with *** superbolt. *** states Hornady brass has the largest diameter case head and can cause issues. *** replaced bolt with another with bigger face and problem solved.20170424_230810.jpg

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ahhh, good info and thanks. I'll find out tomorrow night if I can keep my non jamming streak going and will report back. I could feel a definite difference when I swapped extractors.

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the JP 6.5 extractors? May try that if it still isn't working but they're pretty proud of them.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the JP 6.5 extractors? May try that if it still isn't working but they're pretty proud of them.[/QUOTE said:
No but I also had an extractor issue with my AIM 6.8 bolt's extractor. I used it to get by while sending superbolt back to ***. The extractor lip appeared too thin and was letting go of the case early like Dan said. I replaced it with an AIM 5.56 extractor which has a beefier lip. Rifle than perfectly. It's strange I had no bolt issues for years then all of a sudden had two at once.