Mounting Light

raider

I would like to mount a light to my AR15 frame. I am looking for recommendations on the light and the mounts.

I would also be able to use the same light to mount to my m700 .270. I know I will have to use a different style mount for the light to switch back and forth between the AR and the m700, but do you guys have some recommendations? Thanks

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunting lights? I use a QD ring mount like you use for a scope on a side pic rail on my AR for hunting.

raider

Yes sir hunting lights is what I am looking for. I bought the o-light kit m-20 kit on amazon and also the green lens cover. Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CIVF054/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thinks I did not like about it were the green cover does not fit snug, I am afraid it would just fall off in the field. Also the batteries are not rechargeable.

I want a QD ring that attaches to my pic rail, and then when I want to use my .270 or .308 I can attach the light to that gun fairly easily. Any recommendations?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

raider

That is a perfect light, and it is about a quarter of what I paid. I did not know they had dedicated colors for lights. What do you mean have two lights?

The way my .270 is setup is just a standard winchester m700 w/ a Nikon 3x9x40 scope. I just want to add a green light (or 2) so I can hunt at night more effectively.

Now I just need to find a good 1" scope tube mount with the pica rail that I could attach to the scope tube. Any recommendations?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah you can also but the different colors at the bottom of the page where the flashlight is. Having one mounted in a QD for a pic rail and another so you can palm it under the forearm of the 270, did that on my 44. Anything attached to a barrel will change the harmonics and the point of impact.

raider

Well I just bought two of those green flashlights. Then I bought a scope tube mount w/ the pic rail on top. Now I just need to find a mount that will have the QD that would fit onto this flashlight and attach to the rail.

raider

So you think those QD rings will be the right diameter for that flashlight you pointed me towards? Thanks for all your help on this. Once I get it put together, I will show you a picture.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
These lights are a little more than for a 1" so I use the 30mm for a better fit.

They are the same light as Elusive Wildlife X250 sells, so you can go there for specs

raider

Now that I have the light for the rifle I was wondering if I should look into those feeder lights, like the ones Elusive Wildlife has for sale on their sight. Thanks to Frank I was able to get the light they market for an 1/8 of the price.

I figured on setting up in my deer blind putting a motion light on a feeder. Then when feeder light goes off, putting the light on my rifle on the pig, and then putting him to sleep.

Pootie

Santa Fe, TX
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that I have the light for the rifle I was wondering if I should look into those feeder lights, like the ones Elusive Wildlife has for sale on their sight. Thanks to Frank I was able to get the light they market for an 1/8 of the price.

I figured on setting up in my deer blind putting a motion light on a feeder. Then when feeder light goes off, putting the light on my rifle on the pig, and then putting him to sleep.

If you have illuminated optic you may not even need to turn on the light on your rifle with motion lights on feeder.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah mine are much brighter than that

raider

I finally got my flash lights from light mall. Damn it took about 20 days to get these on my door step. Now I need to get the batteries for them. The model I got is the Unique Fire HS-802. Which battery do these use? I can go down to Batteries Plus and pick them up, just don't know what I might need. Thanks.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You order the batteries and charger at the Same time, they are 18650 3000-5000MaH, I do an ebay search and find the best deal with free shipping. Never been in a battery plus so cannot tell you if they have them or at what price.