Mini DVR Mic Installation

Has anyone successfully added a Condenser mic to a Mini DVR recorder?

• mark@stingguard.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • marko2424@hotmail.com

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mark Dobson

Hi
Could anyone identify were I would solder a condenser mic onto my mini dvr board. I have attached a picture of my Mini DVR Board for you to help me.

Many Thanks

Mark

20160317_092948-jpg.3182

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What are we voting on?? I must be missing something here?:) BANG BANG!!

I think if anyone can figure it out it would be DaveABQ on here

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pic doesn't load and poll is messed up.

That said I might be able to help if I could see the pic...

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OSO's got it once the pic shows

Mark Dobson

What are we voting on?? I must be missing something here?:) BANG BANG!!

I think if anyone can figure it out it would be DaveABQ on here

Hi
Could anyone identify were I would solder a condenser mic onto my mini dvr board. I have attached a picture of my Mini DVR Board for you to help me.

Many Thanks

Mark

20160317_092948-jpg.3182

Mark Dobson

Hi

Many Thanks

Mark

20160317_092948-jpg.3182

Mark Dobson

Pic doesn't load and poll is messed up.

That said I might be able to help if I could see the pic...
Hi

Many Thanks

Mark

20160317_092948-jpg.3182

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
here we go oso
From Mark:

Just bought a Mini DVR Angel Eye to record my hunting at night with Nite Vision combo on my rifle. I assumed this kit recorded sound with an internal mic however it only records the video unless you plug in the little camera it comes with. This is no good for me as I have a camera looking through my scope and the image is displayed on a small monitor on the top held on by a bracket every this is powered by a small 12v battery on the stock.

I have taken the Mini DVR apart hoping to resolve this issue and possibly install a small condenser mic however all is not what it seems as I have discovered what looks like a condenser mic already installed but not active if anyone out there has any helpful advise to solve my problem this would be appreciated.

I have added some pictures on the board front and back.

upload_2016-3-25_20-18-29.jpeg
upload_2016-3-25_20-19-1.jpeg

upload_2016-3-25_20-19-30.jpeg

upload_2016-3-25_20-19-54.jpeg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dont know OSO, I see 2 sets of pics now where you quoted me and my original..maybe your cookies??

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Unfortunately if the built in mic isn't working, it's likely a firmware issue which is usually hard to circumvent.

However, first thing I would do is replace the build in mic with my own and see if it was a bad factory mic or if it really is blocked in some way.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Aside from that, if I'm seeing this correctly this is the mic. It's hard to read the traces in the pic, but I'm guessing that this is the mic and the + goes through the small brown/silver cap next to it and connects to one of these pads for an external mic. You may be able to connect your new mic to which ever of these pads the output of the capacitor connects to and find a common ground for the other side and try that.
mic.jpg

Mark Dobson

DVR with sound?

dvrmicaddon_zpsb4a8340b.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I have taken a high resolution photo of my MINI DVR board as I am struggling to see the point of contact to install my condenser mic on you photo. I can email this or you can contact me via email marko2424@hotmail.com if this is easier. I really appreciate your help as you have clearly accomplished what I want to achieve. Please see photo attached and the condenser mic I want to install if you could specify the numbers and or mark on my photo to confirm were each wire fits that would be great.

Thanks Mark

IMG_3640.jpg