LSB / ************** Big Pig Contest.

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting Tactics & Tips' started by TEXASLAWMAN, Oct 30, 2014.

1. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Yes so far!

2. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

It's getting close guys.

3. Afalex1

Afalex1 The Kit Kat Kid! SUS VENATOR CLUB

The cold the hogs have been waiting for arrived today. It's been 25 degrees all day here and isn't getting any warmer over the next 2 days.

Hogs are looking great guys! Keep them coming!

4. Curly Shuffle

Curly Shuffle LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Well??? We should see a whole bunch of biguns in the AM. The weather kind of backed off a little so maybe some monsters will shot tonight or tomorrow!!:) BANG BANG!!

5. fanninland

fanninland LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Well fellas, the weather here is absolutely a mess (33 deg & a steady rain to melt last night's snow) so it's not likely I'll get out tonight to look for ole' big boy. Here is his little brother I got last night. Easy spot with the thermal as he was alone on a hilltop. Stalk to about 40 yds (so ninja quiet in the snow) and a 120sst to the bow, as he was facing directly towards me and wouldn't rotate. Measured 44", which puts him around 240 lbs if my calcumalator is ginning correctly.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

I've recently seen glimpses of a much larger boar at this same place, but he eluded me twice. I was in hopes of getting him and maybe making a run at the ***
    barrel, but hey as Doris Day so elequently put it "que sera, sera". Congrats to the winner - a 291 lb hog is a big one for sure! This was a great idea for a contest. Thanks TLM and Harrison - I hope it becomes an annual event.

6. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Congrats... now, go get his big brother.

7. Curly Shuffle

Very nice hog, nice going and thanks for posting up the picture!! He's a dandy!!BANG BANG!!

8. TEXASLAWMAN

Tonight is the last night good luck!

9. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Well on a side note, my dad texted me this morning (technically yesterday) and said he saw a 275-300# muscular black boar with Russian charactaristics and specifically a 4 inch ridge back rooting around his back pasture for about 5-10 mins around 10 am! My step mom saw him first and thought he was a calf until she realized his neck was too short and he was too hunched over. He didn't try to shoot it off his back porch bc it was too muddy and cold to deal with and he knew I'd be making my way up there several times this spring/summer hopefully for him. Hopefully this hog is on game camera when my dad checks it in a few days (he had 2 feeders throwing at 9 pm and 11 pm on 65 acres). If so I'll post pics.

10. Curly Shuffle

Doesn't through March 1st mean all of today also?? BANG BANG!! Just asking do not want to start a riot. I might go get a huge hog tonight. Ya like that will happen, don't worry absolutely no threat here!!!

11. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Is the contest over, I was just sandbagging waiting for the right moment to pop that behemoth then...bam it's over. Sad day.

12. TEXASLAWMAN

Unless I missed something here MC68 won the contest! Congrats and again a very nice boar just shows how hard it is to get a wild hog over 250 pounds!

13. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Congrats to the winner !

14. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

clap, clap clap...well done Sir!

15. Curly Shuffle

Congrats!!! Very nice:) BANG BANG!!

16. Chopperdrvr

Chopperdrvr Deep East Tx SUS VENATOR CLUB

Nice job, wish I had made it a contest. I never even got out of the starting gate.

17. Arnold Galvan

Arnold Galvan Mckinney, Texas

Congrats sir!!!

18. mc68

mc68 LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

Thanks guys. I chased this guy for 2 years. Here are a couple a game camera pics before I shot it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Holy Moly!

20. Curly Shuffle

You aint a kiddin!! That thing was a mini tank!! Nice pictures! Way to go!! BANG BANG!!