Lightweight Hog Trap

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Go whack him!! Spray down with Scent Killer and set up something with all that cover in there and get him. He looks like a nice hog. Good luck.. BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no blind, he will know something is different, try and get off the ground or conceal yourself in brush or a leafy suit. shoot'em

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the way you guys think. The hog must die or this story will pretty much suck. lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
we are overcome w mosquitoes and no see-ems so I have a leafy bug suit. After spraying down with scent killer I can sit by a tree and they will walk right by me if I don't move. Pretty damn scary at 10' in the black of night so only have done it twice!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok. You come here at do that and I will sit in my tree stand and film it. lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would do it if I had night vision but the ATN x-sights I bought were **** as is the company so I am without now

Robert

This is a Lightweight Hog Trap I designed because people kept asking for an inexpensive trap. Problem is I sell 3 or 4 of them to every regular trap now. The issue that many people have is that they never catch hogs.
I set this up last night before dark about 10 miles from home just to get some pictures of trapped hogs.
The key here was setting up on a trail where hog sign was found. Then creating a natural funnel with some branches laying around just so they don't avoid the trap. In the dark they will smell the corn and fight to get to it first often. 2-- 40 lbers roughly. Got them home, first one in the pen no problem, second one I was cutting the rope off her legs and holding one leg to toss her in the pen but she was so muddy my leather gloves got slippery and she bolted. I cahsed her with my 22 pistol and popped a couple rounds in her but she kept on trucking. Woke up the neighborhood with the squealing and shooting. Oh well, they're getting used to me.View attachment 2029 View attachment 2030 View attachment 2031
Where are you located for buying

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well done! nice little trap, good for you. If they tarp it and brush it in that will help too

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where are you located for buying
That's an old thread. I don't make them anymore, not at the moment anyways. Had another guy contact me from this sight yesterday and I told him he could buy one of my used ones, I'll get it cleaned up for him. They were 195.00 and I sold piles of them but they cost close to $100 to make so the profits weren't really there to keep at it.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's an old thread. I don't make them anymore, not at the moment anyways. Had another guy contact me from this sight yesterday and I told him he could buy one of my used ones, I'll get it cleaned up for him. They were 195.00 and I sold piles of them but they cost close to $100 to make so the profits weren't really there to keep at it.

Charge more! Light enough for one guy to pick it up on his back, that's worth something right there.

Robert

Well shoot thank you for responding

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
He's near San Antonio if that's close to you, you might be able to get him to show you how to build your own. He's a really nice guy.....I think.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see Dan's head growing!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, but, I'm not falling for it.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I once received a badge for the most humble guy in church, but as soon as I pinned it on my shirt they decided to take it away.