IR Thermal

Aquatic_Robotic

Zeus 3 was 336 3x 30 hz 40 mm lens - as best as I can recall. We did discuss this unit compared to the ATN 336 3x 30 hz 30 mm. To be fair in this discussion, I spent very little time looking through the Zues 3 after a very cursory look. Image quality did not look as good as similar ATN, so I did not any time looking through the Zues after that first impression.

Please take my thoughts and impressions for what I present them as. I am a thermal newbie and this was my first, but not last thermal search. Honestly, I would have had a blast with any of them, if that was all I had to use. I know what I liked and did not like and what I thought will work for ME.

I really did not see enough difference in the 336 3x and the 640 3x to warrant half again as much money. I did like the difference I could tell in the 30mm lens vs. the 50 mm lens. Maybe part of that was the difference in 336 vs. 640, but at the distances we were viewing, I don't think so.

I will say there was a very significant difference in image quality/sharpness and detail depiction in the 640 5x with the 100 mm lens than any of the other units. It was twice the money and not in my budget. It was also twice the size and weight.

I hope to have a more detailed look and use of the ATN 336 3x 300 mm lens this weekend. I will also get a chance to compare this unit to the same unit, but with a 50mm lemons in about 2 weeks.

I hope I am being helpful in my comments and not contributing to confusion. Give me time, I am learning.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
post up a video when you are able please

sounds like a good choice for hogs

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey before you spend that kind of $$ you are doing it the right way, I would let several sellers show me their equipment.