Into the cold with T-bone outfitters!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, I would not be able to function in that temp range, just too old!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, I would not be able to function in that temp range, just too old!

LOL... at -60F (I've done this) you can pour a cup of freshly brewed coffee, fling it up into the air, and HEAR it crystalize before it shatters on the ground.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm happy around 35-40 degrees depending on the wind and rain if I am hunting. When started to get over 50 it feels too hot to be hunting and I start sweating if I am walking with enough gear to stay warm while sitting still. If I'm relaxing around the house I keep it around 65-68 in the winter. I can't afford to keep it that cool in the summer so fans are always blowing in my house. These north Texas summers have been brutal to me. 95+ degrees for days on end. Last year we had over 90 consecutive days over 100 degrees. I thought I was a piece of bacon frying in a pan. Fall is my season.

You're right TLM. Killing things on a screen just isn't the same. The smell of gun powder, the stink of the hogs, the blood trails through the frosty grass make it what it is. The reward of all the effort put into the hunt is where all the fun is. Besides, a sow in heat bomb in your house! I think that would gag a maggot!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are right of course, any day in the field hunting is better than any day in the house!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's 70 here today. Perfect weather

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Would be nice to see what the bullets look like that didn't pass through, that would tell what was going on.

How accurate did the bullets shoot? I've got my 6.8 in Texas right now shooting 85gr E-tips, only powder I I shoot that got them down to .5 MOA was H322.

Congrats on the hogs, that was a good night.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We forgot to ask the guys we donated the meat too find them. They got 80 pounds of back strap alone ;) A bit over 2200 ponds of hogs killed in two days not counting piglets.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We forgot to tell they guys that took the meat to find them. They got 80 pounds of back strap alone ;)
Holy Cow !!! How sweet is THAT ?!?!?!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sure hope the weather is dry in Jan........ Alex

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We are 75 and raining, I love it!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Starting tomorrow our temps keep dropping. Low for Saturday night is 10 degrees! Going to have freezing rain and snow starting tomorrow night! Good hog hunting weather.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh man, you really need a fireplace!! we will be high 70's all week till Mon when it gets cold in the 60's!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm hoping next weekend will be warmer up north. Still Florida but might be rather cold

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah next week it get cooler, I am enjoying now, shorts and T's

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have a fireplace and about half a cord of wood left. It will be used over the next few days for sure. My dogs love it and I think they would climb in the fire if I let them.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thawing out (home now). We had -27F ambient with windchills to -53F last week !!! You know it's rough when you have to rev the diesel engine to 2,000 rpm, JUST to get heat from the heater!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you are home Big Guy, Merry Christmas!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome back to the world

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, good to be back. Had me a couple of 6 hour "power naps" on the couch since I got home. Might have me another one shortly. LOL Amazing things (them 6 hr. power nap things).