LoneStarBoars Supporter
ill stick with my 73 degree nights

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ill stick with my 73 degree nights
LOL At work, my night shift counterpart and I share a room. He's Hawaiian, and likes it at 73F... I break out into a sweat when I enter the room at the end of my shift and open the window, shut off the heat... and relax much "more gooder" when it's in the mid 60s or cooler.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I'm thinking no. I don't even like getting up on cold mornings and climbing into a deer stand when it's 55. I do not miss hunting up north. Even down here I became a night hunter. Still warm out from the day of 70 out. I guess my blood thinned out too much

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the interesting report. They kinda remind me of the TTSX in performance. Looks like the SST is still the go to pill for pigs.

It is looking like the 90 GD is slated to be a thinned skin pill only. I stopped using the SST on Deer because they just don't hold up and come apart inside the wound cavity. In fact I have seen the 120 create two wound channels one from the core and another from the jacket, but for pigs they work perfect. These results are a good thing because currently I use the 110 accubond for deer and they are also devastating on pigs, but the draw back is that they are pricey and I hate buying a bullet that I cannot afford to shot all the time. Time will tell if the 90 GD can replace my 110 accubond load, but one thing is for sure the 120 SST is defiantly my go to load for pigs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I do have my polar thermals to wear!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Haha. You Florida and South Texas boys don't know what you are missing. The nasty weather and cold just adds one more element to the hunt. It's one more thing to feel proud about when the pigs start piling up.

When the temps drop below 40 more hogs come out to play around my place. Just have to layer up and smile!

Its 28 degs outside and sleeting at my house right now. I'm beat from the hunts and am building a fire to warm my bones as I rest on the couch.

TLM has more stories for you too. He just has to beat the ice storm home first.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys are my heroes!! I get to slay them thru you!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm with frank, I'll sit right here in my central Florida warmth and listen to the stories

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sure is warmer...right??

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
damn right, and i don't have to walk as far lol

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
plus if i want to start killing, i always have cabelas dangerous hunts on PS3

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
plus if i want to start killing, i always have cabelas dangerous hunts on PS3

It's just not the same without the smell of gunpowder and boar piss in the crisp air! I'm just the opposite I hate the heat.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He just lets off a sow in heat bomb then plays the PS3...LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Me? I just like to stay dry. Getting wet every time you go anywhere/do anything gets old quick. Cooler air feels "more gooder". I used to like it best at 80F (when I was riding M/C all the time) so I could keep cool in mesh riding gear. But now, at 80? Gimme some shade to sit in and something COLD to drink and I'll do just fine. Have to work in it and the sweat just rolls off me continually. The day before yesterday, it was 38F out (during the day). I was out doing some errands, and driving with both front windows open, with a fleece shirt on over a T-shirt. Just right.

Come January? It's gonna be miserable at work though.. -40F and the wind blowing. It'll take HOURS to warm up after shift.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol, damn you caught me. Ok ok, frank I'm headed your way for some hunting. We will show them how it's done

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought you were in a watch tower or something RD, you mean you are out walking around during your shift??

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
55 and sunny here today, really nice but would prefer it around 75 like yesterday!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sometimes I'm in a wooden shack atop some Conexs, sometimes I'm roaming about (or sitting) in a vehicle, if need be, or if my legs get stiff I'll walk about for a bit. At -40F, the heater will NOT keep up and keep ya warm, it'll just cause the engine to drop below "warmed up" level and cool off more. LOL And, even though the shack is insulated, sealed pretty dang well, and has heat... it'll still be cold in there with a down parka on.

When it gets down into those ranges, work "outside" is restricted, equipment use is cut back, crane use is scratched. Metal begins to do funny things (gets brittle) at those temps. Hydraulic seals do funny things. When it gets that low, I keep close by anyone having to be outside for a task... available for them to hop in and warm up after a few minutes of being outside. Bare skin freezes in a matter of seconds.