SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks from the Turkey Buzzards!!!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Feet are fine. It's a costal field with no stickers. I was just worried what I was gonna do if I had to move quickly. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or run into a snake!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Oh I was watching for them.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMGP0600.JPG

SteveR has a co worker that wanted some hogs for tamales. We decided to go see if we could help. We went over to one of the spots we hunt and were minding our own business sitting in a couple of rocking chairs. Drinking soft drinks. LOL Well he was. A sounder came out at the feeder about 150 yards away. I had to put my "soft drink" down and get closer with Steve. We got to about 110 yards and I was looking at the largest hog to the left. It appeared to be a sow and a bunch of 40 to 60 pound hogs. When I turned on my Luna the largest hog took off to the left. I told Steve I was going to take the hog on the right since it was looking right at us. I put a 60 grain Nosler in her right eye as you can see in the pic. Our 40 to 60 pound hog weighed 150 pounds! The other must have been a very large hog. Oh well. we will get that one later.

I found out I need to get closer because my rear scope mount was busted. Got that problem fixed!

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In the ear at 110 yds is good shooting...Boy that is a lot of tamales!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love it when the ground shrinkage scale's polarity is off, and they grow. Nice shot. Hope that drink didn't get warm on ya.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
In the eye Frank! I'm really starting to like this new SBR build. Thanks ***.

And the guy wants three more. I guess that's what I get for shooting, gutting, skinning and quartering the thing for him. LOL

Steve made the comment, that if anything happens to my girlfriend to check the freezer!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
eye, sorry...lol