I get to build/buy a 6.8spc. Help me!

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
It makes a good truck gun. A buddy of mine has one and it shoots about 1 1/2 to 2 moa. He's still working on tying to find a load for it.
I'd be sending that sucker back if it was that bad. I have a 14.7" from them that shoots better than I can.

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well just an update, my order from PSA should be in today. I sold one of my rifles and will be calling Rick this evening to get the remainder of my parts ordered. Then all I have to order is a hand guard and a scope.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good for you, great timing w those *** barrels!

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just got a call from Rick. My parts are all boxed up and will be headed my way this week! I am beyond excited to say the least. The only things left on my list are MI gen2 SS 12" handguard and scope/mount.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go!!

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got my parts in from Rick last Friday. Now just trying to save up the funds to get my hand guard, scope mount/scope and I will be ready to assemble.

-Hand guard will be MI SS Gen 2 12" or maybe the key mod version.
-Scope will be Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10x50 with BDC reticle
-Mount still deciding

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There you go!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Patience Grasshopper

buy once, cry once

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Well guys it's official. I am the proud owner of a 6.8spc. My handguard came in Saturday so I got her all assembled. Going to pull the handguard back off and give it and the scope a custom krylon camo job.

Friday is payday so I'm going to order up some ammo, mags and scope mount then. So hopefully within a couple weeks I will be shooting this beauty.

Then once I recuperate from that I will start on the lower to go with it. As it sits right now I have $790 in the complete upper. Not to bad considering it's built with top quality parts

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice! Congrats!

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you sir.

Oh and this upper and my plum crazy lower assembled weighs less than my Model 1 sales .223 upper by itself. Or it feels that way anyways. Need to find a scale and check.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice looking great. I suggest you function test it first before any paint goes on. Then you know you have a functioning gun before paint goes on.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice Vance

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice! Feels good to do it yourself doesn't it.

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes it does.

rgilbert, I was really planning to have you help me out with it. But after doing a lot of reading and watching tutorials on youtube, I realized it wasn't nearly as hard as I was thinking it was going to be. So I opted to do it myself and am very glad that I did. I learned things about the ins and outs of the AR platform that are going to be very beneficial to me as I progress into the world of MSR's.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I figured you could handle it. Some people just don't want to take the time.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Putting them together is the easy part. It gets difficult when you run into malfunctions and knowing what to do about them. Good thing is that if you do run into problems there are plenty of folks that will help ya out.

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well with no other plans in the forecast I ran to the LGS this morning and picked up 2 boxes of SST's. Of course the only 6.8 mags they had were for the LWRC lower. So I came back home and loaded 5 rounds in my standard .223 mag and it popped in the receiver so I headed out back to shoot. I put a box through with no mishaps of any kind. Brass ejecting at 3:30-4:00, runs and shoots great. I will say it has a little more recoil than I was expecting. I got it dialed in within an inch at 50 yards just messing around. I need to get a better set of scope rings and my scope needs I be adjusted forward. I was just anxious to shoot it and see how it would perform.

Now I've just got to save up for a more comfortable lower and a few other nick nack items. The main part of the build is a success though.