Hunting Photos post your pics here!

Discussion in 'Hunting Stories' started by LONESTARBOAR, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Curly Shuffle

Curly Shuffle LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I wonder what was the last thing that was going thru his head????:). A BULLET?? BANG BANG!!!!

2. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Looks like 007-dad hit the eject button on that one !!

nathan koepp likes this.
  3. Duffy

Duffy LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

IMG_20170717_232001105.jpg Found this young boar out in a cut hay field in Reeves County all by himself. Stalked in within 50 yards of him and using my 300blk SBR took him out with the Sig Sauer subsonic 208 grain through the front of the shoulder/back of the neck. Dropped him in his tracks. First time using that ammo and fairly pleased.

4. der Teufel

der Teufel Team Phi Slamma Hamma SUS VENATOR CLUB

Yeah, that sure left a mark …

5. der Teufel

der Teufel Team Phi Slamma Hamma SUS VENATOR CLUB

Got this sow Sunday evening about a quarter hour past sundown. It was still twilight. I drove out to a pasture and looked around, but saw nothing. I pulled out my thermal monocular, nothing in sight. Walked to another spot to view from a different angle, hmm — what's that hot spot out in the grass? Looked again with the unaided eye, nothing. Grabbed a pair of binoculars from the truck and about 300 yards away there's a dark spot showing through the grass. No cattle anywhere in sight, probably a hog. Walked down the fence line hidden by a line of trees to a better position. The wind was slightly in my face, so I ventured into the pasture to get a better shot. Traveled 20 yards, hog about 75 yards distant, and stopped to assess. I was using my 300 BLK with a Photon NV scope, and by now I was close enough to see the top of the hog. It noticed me, and turned to look my direction. I gave it the opportunity to ignore me, but it turned away and began to trot off. I put a 110 grain Hornady VMAX into a shoulder and it dropped. Suddenly, about a dozen more hogs that had been hidden in the tall grass appeared and began hightailing it. I took a few shots but don't think I connected. I put a tape measure around this one behind the front legs and measured just over 34 inches, indicating about 140 Lbs.

Sure wish my buddies had been with me to help drag it out of the field, but I managed.

[​IMG]

Jake, Duffy, slim_shady and 4 others like this.
  6. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Good hog. Nice and clean. Good one to eat.

der Teufel likes this.
  7. Duffy

IMG_20170720_232317153.jpg Took my friend Sara out for a hunt and got into a sounder moving through a hay field. We hit more than three but the grass is so tall and thick we were lucky to find these 3. Maybe the buzzards will help me out tomorrow.

slim_shady, der Teufel, Jake and 4 others like this.
  8. Duffy

IMG_20170722_024553831.jpg Two of my best buds finally met after 20 years and do it on their first thermal hunt! Great night!

Jake, Ratdog68, Curly Shuffle and 4 others like this.