Hog Trapping vs. Thermal Eradication

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea talk about trying to work all day and hunt all night.. What is this thing they call Sleep?

I think it has something to do with a bed and pillow so I've heard... and maybe closing your eyes???

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All I would do is stay out of the view of his cameras but stay close by since the hogs are coming to bait...lol

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think it has something to do with a bed and pillow so I've heard... and maybe closing your eyes???

Ill figure it out soon enough... I started taking our traps up this weekend. goin to repair some of them and try them in a different spot.

Got the new 8 row header fixed up and on the new combine so now we just get to do a test cut and check everything over before starting the big cut.
HOG killing in 3.....2.....1.....

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Just what lawman's first post is what I have personally experienced.

I have cleared out hog populations with a rifle and night vision in 6 months with no traps. Did I kill them all? No but they do not know how to deal with night vision, suppressed rifles so the leave the area.

- Traps they learn.

The fear of the boogeyman will keep the older ones out for years and years.
I have satellite pics to prove it.

With spotlights when there is no light there is no boogeyman and they will return.

To keep them out with nv/ thermal suppressed hunting leave the alpha sows alone all others are targets

As far as the trapper
the ones in the trap are his and the hogs outside are fair game

Last edited: