Hog hunting near Dallas

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've personally killed several hundred less than five miles from the Dallas County line and know of several thousand more in the same area over the last five years....and they keep coming. Have seen more this year than I've seen in the last several years.

Ummm...if you need some help, give a shout. They must have been run off from McKinney, Anna, etc...

On my way to Shreveport yesterday there was 3 rooting' away on the side of 20 east of Tyler around noon. The thought of pulling over for a quckie got a nano second of consideration.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I liked your post then a split second later I realized I am in way too deep. A couple years ago, my mind would have gone straight to the sexual connotation instead of killing hogs.

Last edited:

Pork Popper

LSB Member
There are always hogs in the Trinity forrest areas near the Trinity River and some of the creeks that flow into it.

I don't know if there still are squatters in the bottom lands. Back in the 1990's my eyes beheld an odd sight one day while driving along I-20 east of 45. On the north side of 20 in a somewhat brushy area was a black guy who appeared to be hearding hogs. My guess was that they were the offspring of feral & domesticated hogs. That land is now being mined for sand.

Back then I never saw anyone else on the place, except for the one time mentioned above. I'm pretty sure there are lots of hogs near Hutchins, which is south of Dallas.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Anything new on the job opportunity good or bad?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dallas has turned into a liberal mecca and is going down hill fast I recommend Tarrant county at least to live in. As for hog hunting yes there is some but as you can imagine being close to a population center like DFW there are far more hunters than places to go. Most places are spoken for and the game wardens know who belongs where they stay busy. But you get out about an hour and there are plenty of places.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I passed on the Dallas job. Pay is significantly less than what I'm currently earning. They didn't want to pay squat for relocation either.

I might have an opportunity at one of the hospitals here in Florence. The CEO owns 90 acres somewhere in eastern TX and apparently has a ton of hogs on the property. Told him I'd thin the sounders if he gave me a job. I hope to hear something in the next few weeks.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go new job with shooting benefits!

Rappland

LSB Member
I passed on the Dallas job. Pay is significantly less than what I'm currently earning. They didn't want to pay squat for relocation either.

I might have an opportunity at one of the hospitals here in Florence. The CEO owns 90 acres somewhere in eastern TX and apparently has a ton of hogs on the property. Told him I'd thin the sounders if he gave me a job. I hope to hear something in the next few weeks.
Sounds like a winner to me

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Darn! I would come out of retirement for a deal like that. Anybody need a has-been supply chain executive? LOL

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is indeed, as are many suburbs around it. Shocking to compare how things were even twenty years ago to now. Almost unreal the changes that have come about. And not changes for the better.
The dramatic change in WA State happened about 30 yrs ago. When I was a kid, there were Sporting Goods Departments within the major stores within the malls, as well as Sporting Goods Stores in the malls. No more. Getting hard to find a Sporting Goods Store (let along a GOOD one) within the City limits these days.

Seattle is so UN-friendly towards business, you will NOT find a WalMart, or a Dairy Queen inside the City Limits. Madness thrives here.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm amazed at how liberals were not able to predict the inevitable loss of jobs and the closure of businesses that would result in raising the minimum wage to $15/hr in many cities, including Seattle.

I'm just a public school kid from west Nashville but it seems logical chain of events to me.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, don't think fast food chains aren't figuring out how to automate more and more of their business to lighten the load of human labor. Already (in Seattle), these knuckleheads are screaming for fewer hours in their work week. They're making too much money to still qualify for free housing and/or reduced rent... while they continue to vote for things which raise property taxes.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any comments on the San Antonio area? I'm scheduled to interview at UTSA on 7/13.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I lived there or close by for years, live outside the City limits and I loved it. Bandera, Canyon lake places like that are great to live..message Jake on Bandera

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Any comments on the San Antonio area? I'm scheduled to interview at UTSA on 7/13.
I'm closer to Austin, so not an expert on San Antonio. Traffic is probably horrendous, but that's not real news. I'm sure there are some parts of town that are better than others in which to live. Again, not newsworthy. The television stations there go by the philosophy of "If it Bleeds, it Leads!" and they never seem to run out of material. Still, I have friends who enjoy living there. There are a lot of hogs in the surrounding counties, but getting access is a challenge. Good Luck whatever happens.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good deal! I lived there 3 different times (Military). I love to visit S.A., but after living in the city (inside loop 1604) I would never want to again. I would love to live in the area especially in the North to West area. Boerne is a great little town to live in and not far from town. Things are getting expensive around there though and mostly out of my price range in the areas I would like to live. Let us know how everything comes out. I'm assuming that you are talking UTSA Medical Center.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My wife teaches at UTSA, the assistant director of Tomas Rivera Center too, her office is at the downtown campus but sometimes has to go to the main campus on 1604 and I-10. We live east and a bit south of SA. The traffic out here is great of course but 1604 on the north and west side gets slow during rush hour. What are you interviewing for?

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My wife teaches at UTSA, the assistant director of Tomas Rivera Center too, her office is at the downtown campus but sometimes has to go to the main campus on 1604 and I-10. We live east and a bit south of SA. The traffic out here is great of course but 1604 on the north and west side gets slow during rush hour. What are you interviewing for?

They are looking for someone to oversee their Orthopaedic department. Looks like a good opportunity if it works out.