Hog calls

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They can get a bit rascally! I had a wounded one laying in a tank. I ran out of 270 bullets and went after him with my Ruger 22 revolver. He came up out of there with his guts hanging out and charged me, as I'm trying to fire that single action gun, pulling the trigger but nothing happening, dang, cock it first. Anyways after almost shooting my foot and shooting the dirt a few times the last round hit him in the head at about 15'. The land owner was watching and thought I have a death wish.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They can get a bit rascally! I had a wounded one laying in a tank. I ran out of 270 bullets and went after him with my Ruger 22 revolver. He came up out of there with his guts hanging out and charged me, as I'm trying to fire that single action gun, pulling the trigger but nothing happening, dang, cock it first. Anyways after almost shooting my foot and shooting the dirt a few times the last round hit him in the head at about 15'. The land owner was watching and thought I have a death wish.
Somehow I have no trouble picturing that scenario in my head....

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

BobbyRatTail

When you hear them popping their jaws as they come in be preparing for them to come in close. We normally have at least one person on a gun pointed at them with another person on the night vision or thermal keeping at an eye open for them. Not everyone has night vision/thermal during my hunts. So often times we use lights. It can be a surprise to see them 10-20 yards right in front of you when the lights come on!
Good grief! That sounds intense! I bet flicking that light on, and seeing hogs sitting there my heart would be thumping through my damn chest!

BobbyRatTail

That's BA... Good grief you guys have some stories. I'm starting to think my old lever action might not be the best idea for this kind of hunt.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's BA... Good grief you guys have some stories. I'm starting to think my old lever action might not be the best idea for this kind of hunt.
That's nothing....I once got in a scrap with a 145 lb smelly wet and muddy white wino.....now that's a story.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
...and the wino was Female....

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Who likes to text.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, we still need pix. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys have me crying...too funny!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Stay OUT of the tanks. LOL We prefer to keep you around for a good long time.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Oh the Old Single Action Two Step!!!! Sounds like fun. Need to learn how to fan that revolver. :rolleyes:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is why I don't carry revolvers only semis and I am going to continue to pull the trigger...

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh the Old Single Action Two Step!!!! Sounds like fun. Need to learn how to fan that revolver. :rolleyes:

Yup, I use a two-handed grip, and work the hammer with my support hand, working the trigger with my shooting hand. Don't have to adjust my grip on the gun, keep the muzzle on target too. Life is good with an old school wheel gun (used properly).

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Used properly" would be the key to that statement. I had never really shot it or single action revolvers much except for pulling the hammer back here and there and shooting at something, so in a heated moment, muscle memory took over and just started pulling the trigger. haha

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tell him you are a hog Matador ahaha pig ahaha pig come closer so I can kill you ahha pig. In my best Spanish accent.