Help! Zeus or Pro?

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
It's really going to come down to two things. If you are going to hunt in the rain regularly or mount it on a rifle with greater recoil than 7.62.....Go with the 50mm PRO. If not, I'd go with the regular Zeus 75mm. The 75mm lens is the most perfect balance of performance and magnification/FOV in my opinion.

And thanks for the props guys!

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good point. Zeus is water proof but you are correct that the PRO is even more weather proof.
If I'm not mistaken the pro series i.e. 50 cal. recoil and 20 meter submersion for 2 hrs. comes in both the apollo and zeus models

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Delta4-3

Did Bobro deliver mounts for the Zeus scopes?
If so, would you send a Bobro mount with my Armasight Zeus Pro 640, 100mm, 30hz scope?

Dennis

Last edited:

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I went with the 75mm Zeus STD due to larger lens ... was able to get decent groups last night ... first time at 500yds ... but still have a ways to go to learn how to crank for elevation and hold for wind with this "scope". For me choice was between Apollo PRO 50mm and Zeus STD 75mm ... and decision was made based on lens. But I do question the decision every day ... all my rifle mounted NODs to date had been clipons ... so this is my first dedicated "scope".
But the larger lens still seems like what I wanted to do.

==
I want Bobro mount for Zeus and CO-LR !!!

(but I think we have to wait for them to get made up)

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What size groups were you able to achieve. I also bought the 3x 75mm. Just curious what it will do at 500 yds? Also what rifle and caliber are you shooting it on?

Billygadget7

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Having a problem making final decision. I sold my Armasight Predator and in the process of selling my Insight CNVD-T clip-on.

So far I've narrowed it down to Zeus 640 3-24x75 ($6495) and Zeus PRO 640 2-16x50 ($6795). Only $300 difference. We mostly take shots 75-150 yards.

I also considered the Apollo but after using my insight clip-on I think I like the dedicated scope and I already have a MTM to scan with.

Any thought appreciated.

Thanks ,
Shawn
Will share the few things I'm aware of that haven't been mentioned, hope it's not too late.
1. The power button on std zeus is just like predator. Pull twist design. The pro is a push button just like the other 5 control buttons.
2. Std zeus has vertical connection for dvr, just like predator. (That was a huge problem for me). Pro has horizontal connection on right side.
3. Pro has full function wireless remote. Not much range, maybe 1 ft, but it does help. I think std zeus has single button remote like predator. Just for power on and off while in standby mode.
4. Pro is also Bluetooth. This is awesome! Download the armasight app and except for power on and off, you have full electronic control of your scope. And your phone can be down below scope and still operate, works great. It will also make it easier for future software up grades.

If you were satisfied with your predator, the pro with 640 res will blow your mind.
Just my 2cents.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
What size groups were you able to achieve. I also bought the 3x 75mm. Just curious what it will do at 500 yds? Also what rifle and caliber are you shooting it on?

3 inches on a good night, 6 inches on a bad night ... 5.56 18 inch barrel, FLC xm193 55gr.

BcvXg9Sh.jpg

Above results are prone bipod ... opens up to 2 MOA (10 inches) shooting off primos trigger stick, results posted in NOD practice thread.

==
Another advantage of PRO from my perspective, I think the PrO has at least one reticle with hash marks, which would be useful for holding, especially for wind, for longer distances. That is the key weakness of the 75mm for me. I choose it due to that larger lens size. I suppose I would question the decision which ever way I had gone :)

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
With my standard Zeus 75mm I'm still having an issue with the back ground getting really dark when on a hot target (white hot) or the opposite when in black hot.

I played with custom setting but it's still an issue. I'm sure this is what was corrected with the ACG on/off on the pro line up.

They will swap it out for a Pro but I really like the 3x. Not sure about going down to a 2x and I do not want the 4x 100 mm.