Help! Zeus or Pro?

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Having a problem making final decision. I sold my Armasight Predator and in the process of selling my Insight CNVD-T clip-on.

So far I've narrowed it down to Zeus 640 3-24x75 ($6495) and Zeus PRO 640 2-16x50 ($6795). Only $300 difference. We mostly take shots 75-150 yards.

I also considered the Apollo but after using my insight clip-on I think I like the dedicated scope and I already have a MTM to scan with.

Any thought appreciated.

Thanks ,
Shawn

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Pro is much more weather protected, to me that alone would be worth the $300

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Good point. Zeus is water proof but you are correct that the PRO is even more weather proof.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
might want to look again, isn't the first one a 75 instead of 50?

both 30hz

I would get the 75 I think, but at your ranges either would be great

YellowHammer

North Alabama
Shawn,

I have played with both the 3X/75mm and the 2X/42mm (actually 1.5X) and much prefer the 75mm lense, particularly for our Alabama humidity IMO.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I still would have to go PRO with this rain and humidity in NWFL and make do w the 50mm lens at your distances, I seldom can even see 200yds, 75-100 is more like it.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Decision decisions! Should of just kept my little 25mm Armasight Predator. But nooooooo, gotta go,bigger! Lol
fa74b12e774bd53abd7e10176daf7df5.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah the Predator would have been great for me, wish I had known it was for sale.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
FrankT you can buy my Insight CNVD-T that's in the classifieds. Cut you a deal! Gotta free up some funds for this new one.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There is not a 75mm pro only 50mm and 100mm. The 75mm is a great scope and one of my favorites. You may want to call Aaron at Night Combat Solutions he can usually beat any price on Armasight stuff.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
That's right. The standard Zeus 664 3-24x75 is what I had my mind set on. Just started having second thoughts once I started comparing the Zeus Pro 50mm. Now I'm not sure at all! Lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
FrankT you can buy my Insight CNVD-T that's in the classifieds. Cut you a deal! Gotta free up some funds for this new one.

Yeah lots more than I can afford, thanks though

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I noticed some pics of the standard Zeus 640 3-24x75 show it with a single QD lever mount and some with a double lever QD mount. What does the current one come with?

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I bought a 75mm from NCS and could not be happier. The scope is amazing. It's given me a scary level of confidence, to the point where I make people call me Dueno de........then they look up what Dueno de means and ask me .......owner of what........and I say...... El noche.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was debating the same thing standard 3x 640 75mm or pro 2x 640 50mm. I went with the standard 75m. The waterproofing of the pro is really attractive, but the standard is really pretty durable and water resistant. I don't like hunting in driving rain with all this expensive gear anyway so I think the standard will be fine.

+1 for Aaron at Night Combat Solutions. He has the best prices I could find.