For those of you who fall asleep in the stand at night.........

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ended up only being $5.88 I will send the overage back.

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
Ha-Ha-Ha,,,,you better not!

Don't worry about it. I might need to come down there and hunt with you some day. Ya never know.......

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Always welcome, we are mowing this weekend, 2000 acres, just sayin'

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
Dam,,,,mowing 2000 Acres has got to suck! How long does it take you?

Hey,,,I would like to come and hunt with you when it cools off. No kidding. You can also come up here and do the same....

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
a day or 1 1/2, we do the plots and roads for fire breaks, so not actually cutting 2000 acres. Other times we will be brush hogging old and new lanes for shooting, trying to cut thru to the swamps. Then Sept we have 22 plots to disk and then plant, keeps me busy. Some folks do their own if they have tractor knowledge. I hunt all year so am out in the summer more than most because I also feed year round. Each person has a personal area to hunt, then there are some community areas and the swamps.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah, this time of year they come from the creeks and swamps to eat, just too hot to stick around in daylight.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Feeding all that can't be cheap

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok the fireworks just stared my poor pouch thinks its in gun fire and is hiding. The does in the field next to,the house sure took off. Funny

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well I am cheap as I can be, but yeah corn is not cheap to feed year round.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well I am cheap as I can be, but yeah corn is not cheap to feed year round.
And you enjoy ever minute of it I bet!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do, I do, it is my hobby, my entertainment and some good meals too. Don't know how many years I can keep it up so enjoy it as long as I can.

I just had some business cards printed and will be passing out to farmers and landowners for additional areas to hunt.

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
I bought a driveway motion sensor/alarm kit for about $12 at Harbor Freight. It has a high/low beep setting and works at over 100 yds. Runs on batteries but also has a port for a laptop type a/c power cord. When in the blind, just put it on low beep and put in your pocket to muffle the tone a bit. Hogs show up at the bait and a dbl tone chimes each time motion is sensed. We have a feeder in front of the ranch house and I will sit inside with the alarm on the end table. When hogs come in the alarm chimes and flashes a red light on the front. I then sneak out back and take care of business. I normally use a "Buck Alert" when in the stand because it has a vibration mode and flashing light combo. No need for ear phone. However it does have a hi/low beep option too.