Flir service

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by Sa1000, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Sa1000

Sa1000 New Member

Anybody that has trouble with a pts thermosight.Go to Raymairne.com for your warranty service at least try it first.After wasting about a hour on Flirs automated mess it told me to go to Raymairne.com.An it went smooth from there.I had a pts 233 die on my Saturday.

2. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

It's my understanding they have contracted a outside customer service contractor. Is ray marine it? All I saw was boat sales seems strange. But it's also strange to me that flir cant manage their own customer service. But with 5 out of the last 10 flirs sold going out in the first month I guess they need help.

3. Sa1000

Sa1000 New Member

Yep I guess they did our source it.At the top of Raymairne's page it's got Flir products.Mine made it 3 months but it was my backup or loner that went out.Hope my 536 keeps on working had it 6 months.I like the pts scopes alot.

4. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Raymarine has been a vendor for FLIR for several years that I know of and they do all sorts of boat electronics. How they ended up being the subcontractor for FLIR service just seems weird. However, they will have an easy go of it to improve upon what FLIR was offering.

Still, that sort of makes me question the brand when they aren't taking care of their own products and customers.

5. rustybucket

rustybucket New Member

Raymarine is a division of Flir. Flir "owns" them. I install raymarine equipment on boats at work.

FrankT likes this.
  6. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Flir is having issues 6 of the last 10 536's myself and another dealer have sold were returned with issues. They need to let the guys from the military side come over and help out.

7. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

God help our military folks if they are having the same issues!

Yeah, I have heard a similar stories.