First Double + Hog Drag + New Knife

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you use it when you are trying for more than a single?

Also, have you tried the chain drag on deer or other critters?

JPK

Use it for singles or groups. Works well for singles in case you get a runner. It takes a little practice getting used to it, but it isn't too hard to do.

The way the chain cinches down with the tubing, it would have no problem for deer or other critters. I made the mistake of seeing how well it cinched down by doing it on my wrist. Well that was painful. Don't do that! It really did bite into me and it didn't want to let go until I shook my wrist a couple of times. So you could add human bodies to the list of "other critters" it would work with just fine.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Use it for singles or groups. Works well for singles in case you get a runner. It takes a little practice getting used to it, but it isn't too hard to do.

The way the chain cinches down with the tubing, it would have no problem for deer or other critters. I made the mistake of seeing how well it cinched down by doing it on my wrist. Well that was painful. Don't do that! It really did bite into me and it didn't want to let go until I shook my wrist a couple of times. So you could add human bodies to the list of "other critters" it would work with just fine.

I live right outside of D.C., might need one of the drags for the inevitable leftist mess at inauguration.

I might just have to make one up for the hunt club, predator hunting and when I travel to hunt hogs. Might put a ring in the center of the bar to attach a rope or chain for dragging behind a SxS, 4 wheeler or truck too, or maybe a small ring at each end of the bar for a yoke type set up. (And when things work out and I can get my -now son's- Jeep in the fields next to the woods I use the winch and an extra 100' of "cable" to drag deer out of the woods, at least for the last 200'.)

I haven't used my XD 50S that much, I bought it for my son or for buds who don't have thermal and I usually use my MK II, but I like the PIP for singles. I find the view too busy with the PIP on when there is more than one "distant" critter in sight. Might have to see if I can get used to it though. I prefer the 5.56 10.5" SBR the XD 50 is on for predator hunting over my 11.5" 6.8.

JPK

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you use it when you are trying for more than a single?
Also, have you tried the chain drag on deer or other critters?
JPK

Because of my ADHD Brain. And I am seriously ADHD my eyes kept jumping up and down. When your heart and mind is racing and hogs start running around and you've got cows to avoid. Making the right decision becomes very problematic when your adrenaline is amped up.

JPK

LSB Active Member
I don't think I have ADHD, but I do know that making the right decisions (and setting things up to limit having to make decisions) when the adrenaline is pumping is why I have kept to the KISS principle in most common situations where adeneline is likely to be flowing.

For example, all of my bolt rifles are in cartridges that have fairly similar trajectories, and they are all sighted in similarly so that 6" vital target maximum PBR is similar, and about as long as I am willing to shoot a living creature om the quick (except maybe coyotes and a few other vermin.)

Or another example, when I was doing a lot of marlin fishing, all same pound class rods and reels were set up the same. Identical rods and reels, with the same drag, same wind on leader length and strength, same trace, same hook... Didn't need to think about anything other than the appropriate drop back for that particular bite.

D

djones

Leading with your chin, brother!
OinK is the one who makes me keep dragging out this stupid paypal thing. Isn't he starting to get on y'alls nerves, or am I the only one who can hear him??

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for the detail Bryan. I think I already have the parts needed.