finally!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well RD, sorry to disapoint you but I didn't take any pictures of the carnage.

I can tell you that on the entrance side there was coagulated blood from the front of the shoulder where I hit her to half way down the rib cage. The chest cavity was full of blood as well. My shot blew through the top of the heart and excited without hitting any other vital organs. I am actually lucky it didn't run further. It broke ribs on both sides of the body and blew some rib fragments out on the exit side. There was a small but consistent blood trail leading straight to the doe.

I was very pleased as the carnage looked similar to the 100AB tac loads I like so much.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet (not disappointed), was actually just curious of what you found... good description. More concerned with hearing whether there was a lot of blood-shot meat damage. Hate losing good meat.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Surprisingly with as much damage as there was, the meat was mostly still good. Most all of the coagulated blood was between the shoulder and ribcage (within the shoulder joint), and between the strip of meat on the outer edge of the ribcage and the silver skin surrounding the ribs. It just spread out to the easiest places to squeeze into.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice shooting and the dog got a little work out.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yup they both ate well. Liver, lungs, meat... I always give her a reward when she finds a deer.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well lightning stuck twice...

I got to go sit on a stand again and found a 4.5 year old 8pt that needed to go. Probably should have taken him out last year if we could find him. He weighed 160lbs live weight, 130 dressed, and scored a whopping 109. I'm really glad I was able to get him off the ranch. I used a 90gr gold dot on this guy from the same suppressed 6.8 at around 115 yards. The bullet went through the base of the neck, completely severed the spine, and came to rest on the bottom side of the left shoulder just under the skin. I found the bullet path and it was nice and straight until the end where it dropped, presumably from deflection when exiting the spine. There was no blood trail but the deer dropped where it stood and stayed put. It took around 45 seconds to a minute for him to completely expire.

If you look close you will see some LSB swag.

Here is the entrance side

Here is the exit side

Here is the recovered 90gr gold dot

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on a clean kill and good cull buck.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think the 90 is good for thin skinned animals, wish it was faster as a factory load.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ain't a thing wrong with that buck. Nice shot on him too. Always a plus when you can see how your bullet did too. Gotta be more fun than skunk eradication too. Congrats.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice deer and I see you got the thread issue with your suppressor worked out.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another great shot! I might do a euro on that buck.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice deer and I see you got the thread issue with your suppressor worked out.
Yea I had to have the threads chased. Smith said they were pretty gunked up and there was no way of getting that thing on without damaging one set of threads until he chased them.

Yup I do euro mounts on most everything I shoot. Between the wife and I, we are going to need to find a few big walls on the new house to put them all up on, I actually already started giving some of the smaller ones away to make space in our old house