EFORMs approvals coming in at 3 months!!!

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I called again today and was told anytime between now and April. Went pending Nov.14th

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I almost got mine submitted today, but halfway through and the site crashed:mad:. It must have been created by the same people who created healthcare dot gov.

Ha that's the same thing my dealer said! Except they won't try to fix this one near as hard as they are trying to fix the health care no one wants. Go figure. What happened to We the people?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I called again today and was told anytime between now and April. Went pending Nov.14th

With that answer they aren't holding to the 90-100 days anymore. If it goes to April that is around 150 days.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good afternoon:

As you are aware, eForms has had performance issues for the past three weeks. We are diligently working with experts in the field to resolve the issues. Until we can get the issues resolved we will be implementing automated restarts of the server at 4:00 am, 9:00 am, NOON, and 3:00 pm eastern time. We have determined that the restart of the servers clears “stuck threads” on the servers and improves the overall performance of eForms. We realize that the unscheduled restarts were disrupting your workday and this will allow you to plan around the scheduled restarts.

Restarts will take approximately one hour to complete during which time eForms will not be available. Again, this is only a temporary measure until a more permanent solution is implemented.

Again, daily restarts of the eForms servers will be conducted daily at the following times until further notice:

4:00 am – 5:00 am

9:00 am – 10:00 am

NOON – 1:00 pm

3:00 pm – 4:00 pm

Finally, Pay.gov has notified us that they will be upgrading their system on Saturday, February 22, 2014, from 6:00 PM to Midnight Eastern Time. Pay.gov has advised us that systems using pay.gov will experience a service outage during this period. This means that you will not be able to pay the tax for the eForms 1 and 4 during this time period. Forms can be created and saved to your draft folder until the upgrade is completed and the taxes can be paid.

Thank you for your patience as we try to improve eForms.

Sincerely,

cid:image001.jpg@01CF2E4C.4D94BFE0

Lenora (Lee) Alston-Williams

Industry Liasion Analyst - IT

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, & Explosives

Office of Enforcement Programs and Services

Firearms and Explosives Services Division

99 New York Avenue, N.E. (6.E-333)

Washington, DC 20226

E-mail: Lee.Alston-Williams@atf.gov

Office: (202) 648-7166

Fax: (202) 648-7166

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just sent off for the stamp on another suppressor. The wait begins again...

Smitty

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I am at 106 days now. Just got off the phone with Mary at the NFA Branch. She said I went pending 11/14/13 and can expect completion at 3/14/14. so looks like EFiles are running 4 months now. Still beats mail in though.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm still waiting for my trust to be completed so I can start the process. Hope I didn't spend the money on a trust for nothing.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Today is 4 months from pending date on efile form 1 SBR. Called to check in and was told times are running longer and to give it a few more weeks.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just got my Approved form 1 email from the NFA. So now I just keep a copy of that email along with my trust certification with the firearm correct? now if I can get my suppressor out of jail about August all will be good.