DVR with sound??

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome
Here is pic of schematic, I used a smd cap from the junk cell phone I don't know what value it was, it was just a small spec :D

dvrmicaddon_zps0744e57a.jpg

dvrmicaddon_zpsb4a8340b.jpg

to rifle proof this unit, removing the motor that vibrates, and filling both sides of the circuit board with silicone rtv or potting compound and squeezing it together then letting it dry will help any shock damage from recoil, or having it hanging in a pouch from a small string also isolates it from the shock.

Now this is what I needed to know!!! Very good info thank you!!!

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
Well I tried, but failed.

My soldering skills have always been suspect. I used a 15 watt soldering iron but the contacts are soooo tiny that I ended up scorching the connections on the mainboard.

Also the part listed and referenced from hobby wireless will not fit into the vacated space from the original speaker, no way no how. So I would advised another mic option.

I now have a fried and scorched Angel Eyes, still records video but it has been Frankenstein'd .

Hats off to guys like Hard_Ware that have the gift :p

No sound for me until I find another DVR that has it wired in to start.

HTXH

Last edited:

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
If you want mail it to me and I will fit it inside may have to unsolder mic and solder it sideways from module, it looked small enough. Priority mail should be under $5 each way. Pm me if you want my address. Give a day or 2 to get it shipped back. Here in Texas shipping should be 2/3 days max.

P.S. the gift is a big a$$ magnifier, years back I didn't need it. :D

Hard_ware

Here are some pics of mic module installed, works great! Mic level is adjustable, This thing will pickup a fish fart :D No external components are necessary. Speaker can be left in place. Easy fit 3 wires to connect. Small hole drilled next to existing single hole will allow better sound pickup.

bb3mic_zpsc5b26b0a.jpg

bb4mic_zps6c2ad9ef.jpg

Will get some pics of disassembly and install.
If anyone has a unit that has suffered recoil damage and no longer works
I would like to get my hands on it to see what is damaged and correct the problem
you pay shipping both ways :D.

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
Hard_Ware, you Sir are amazing! I can't wait to receive the AE back and try it out next week.

TXLawman has 3 busted units, hopefully you can trouble shootem.

What is your fee for adding sound or fixing video dispays???

HTXH

Hard_ware

Your black plastic box :D
That would make a great case for the franken thermal project
The DVR fits inside with the extended 10hr battery and OSD
module.

Hard_ware

The busted units, only thing I can see as breaking is the motor the vibrates, or the jacks from the cables not being secured to the unit to eliminate the stress. Hope he will ship them to me.

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
The modified DVR from Hard_Ware with the Hobby microphone arrives today, I can't wait to test it out.

I would assume that its "healthy" bodied mic would be better qualilty than the Angel Eyes JS308 but then again you don't have to open up the internals on the JS308.

If anyone buys one of those models, please post here to verify that it has sound like Dave's.

Thx,

HTXH

Hard_ware

Here is the new plastic box with buttons added, worked out perfect Benny
LS64REV4_zpsa93d6cb6.jpg

Play Both videos at same time to compare, looks cool IMHO :D

Last edited:

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Go to ebay and buy one of these for about 5.00 delivered.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270876963792?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Cut the black MALE plug off and wire/solder it to a standard 9V battery plug with wires and plug your 9V battery.
Make sure to check your polarity
When you need to power it up, plug the black male plug into the red female and it's on.
It already has an white RCA jack on it so this plugs directly into your audio in on the Angel Eyes.

This is very similar to what comes with a kit that is sold on ebay for recording with the N550.

The mic costs 5.00
The battery harness runs about a buck for 3 at radio shack or cut one off anything - just check polarity.
A 9V runs about 2 to 3 bux and will last a lifetime on this system...
So, about 10.00 total.
Since it's wired, you could set the mic on the edge of the stand so it's ready.

Thanks! Rigged this up yesterday on my angel eye and photon. Worked like a charm and sounded great recording 2 kills last night!