Do you buy from the ads on the this website

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some of you know others not. I work for a family business been around since 1929. I am in charge of,the hotel Divison and the company marketing. TLM has a great forum here my hats off to him and the job he does. With that said how many of you buy or look at the ads on this site. I am curious. I have bought things from his ads so how many of you have done the same. Thanks in advance for replying to my question.

Rob

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I did, Eric at Blackstone Arms Built me an 6.8 upper just the way I wanted it. He even changed his website so I could get what I wanted. I also bought two Armasight Zeus 640 3-24 75mm scopes from ******** at *******************. He made me a great deal. I just had to E-mail him and we made the deal over the phone. Both of the Vendors were easy to deal with and great guys IMO.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Don't think that's what Rob was asking about, but I have bought from many of the vendors on the site and some who aren't vendors, but forum members. If you are asking about the "pop-up" ads, I rarely even look at them much less remember who they are or buy from them. I consider those type of ads a nuisance.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Same as above EXACTLY!! Keeping the business local or at least in the state. The pop ups drive me nuts!!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The pop-up banner ads are part of Google Ads. Generally, they're just random garbage, nothing but a PITA. However, the more Google searches you do for things which DO interest you, the more ads you'll see from places you've searched and hunted for things you're interested in learning about.

For example, do a Google search for Bio-Lite Stoves, and learn about them (they're a camping stove which generates electrical power for your mobile devices). Pretty soon, you'll be seeing ads from Bio-Lite instead of stupid things which have absolutely no relevance to you.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All good info please keep it coming.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ahh.. Then how come all I ever see is Bikini adds for women?
Because they want you buying more bikinis for yourself?

man-bikini-5.jpg

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Of the vendors I usually see shown on the ads here:

Armasight,
NightcombatSolutions (Aaron)
BlackstoneArms(Eric)
ThirdCoastThermal(********)
SilencerCo
IdentMarking

I have bought from Armasight and NCS ...

I have spoken on the phone with Armasight, Aaron, Eric, ******** and SilencerCo ...

I have looked hard at IdentMarking (WS1000-9 and PVS-15) ... great pricing for those items compared to "others" ...

I have recommended: Armasight, NCS, BA, TCT and IM to others ...

I have agreed to do a detailed review for ******** for the T-xx thermals ...

So I would definitely say I am "engaged" with the LSB vendors and consider them to be the "go to" vendors for the items they sell !!!

Drift

LSB Member
Wigwamitus. What I think we are talking about here is not the adds you mentioned, but the temporary ones that come and go. For instance, I have been shopping on line in the last few days for a 4k tv and new raingear. And on these pages (now, for me)there are adds that I'm seeing from Dell tv and Cabelas. These temporary adds will change as my internet habits are tracked.
It's a good thing. It reminds me every day that I am being watched, weighed and measured.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I run CCleaner on my laptops a couple times a week to eliminate the tracking. When I google obamma and satan my phone starts doing weird stuff. lol

Jeff

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have purchased from the "real" vendors including Armasight. I will be buying from Aaron and am considering a dual nods set from Ident. The temp ads have been interesting as my Wife used my mac to research her reduction/lift before getting it done last month.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The vendors are paid sponsors of the site. The others are google adsense LSB gets a very small sum every time someone clicks on the add what you see is based on your browsing history. For example now that ratdog search for men in bikinis he will have some interesting results. It does not make a difference if you buy from the google add's or not LSB only gets credit if you click on them.

Yes they are annoying just like tv commercials but they help keep the lights on here.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The vendors are paid sponsors of the site. The others are google adsense LSB gets a very small sum every time someone clicks on the add what you see is based on your browsing history. For example now that ratdog search for men in bikinis he will have some interesting results. It does not make a difference if you buy from the google add's or not LSB only gets credit if you click on them.

Yes they are annoying just like tv commercials but they help keep the lights on here.

If that's the case I'll be sure to click on them a few times a day.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He gets pay for,click. I have bought one thing from a banner ad Nomad makes some cool hunting gear expensive but great rain gear. Not as expensive as Sitka. It helps me understand if banner ads are working. Seems most of you are not paying attention to banners but do a good business with members who advertise here. It is what I expected. The banner people want to know how they can get a better click through rate and a possible sale. Thanks for,the input is that RD in the bikini? Lol