Do you buy from the ads on the this website

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think the banners affect people differently according to their personality. I ignore them...unless it's those audio/video ads that I can't find on the side bar going off while I am reading something...then just irritating. Maybe people have "banner burn-out".

Drift

LSB Member
"Twas the banners here that I was first introduced to Nomad rain gear. So they are of some value.
I am unsure if the Nomad gear would be suitable for Spring Turkey hunting season.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The vendors are paid sponsors of the site. The others are google adsense LSB gets a very small sum every time someone clicks on the add what you see is based on your browsing history. For example now that ratdog search for men in bikinis he will have some interesting results. It does not make a difference if you buy from the google add's or not LSB only gets credit if you click on them.

Yes they are annoying just like tv commercials but they help keep the lights on here.
I used Bing for that search. LOL

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Twas the banners here that I was first introduced to Nomad rain gear. So they are of some value.
I am unsure if the Nomad gear would be suitable for Spring Turkey hunting season.
Too warm or camo pattern. What I like about good rain gear is it is also wind proof as well

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rain gear... living in the Pacific Northwest, rain is a common thing to cope with. Raingear is nice for keeping the rain off your protected layers, however, the lack of breathability of rain gear ends up allowing your sweat (when working/active) to get clammy/wet from the inside.

I'm fixin' to make a batch of waterproofing for cotton outerwear. I'll be curious as to whether it's "more gooder", or the same as rain gear. My plan, treat some Carhartts. The treatment should be similar in protection as oilskin.

The recipe is:

01 lb. Beeswax (melted)
08 oz. Boiled Linseed Oil
08 oz. Turpentine

One can "paint it on" while in a liquid state, but you risk caking it on pretty thick, and burning through your product. The other, is to allow it to cool/solidify to a paste. Rub it into your cloth, and then hit it with a heat gun to melt it into the fibers in a more controlled manner. A little extra to stitched seams.

You probably lose some/most of the breathability of untreated cotton. But w/o the hassle of toting around rain gear, donning it when the rains hit, having the wind-break benefits of "oilskin", having more stain resistance of an oilskin treatment... it may be a better choice. Not to mention, the durability of Carhartts when crashing through thickets, brambles, brush... could end up being a "more gooder" option.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Also makes a great fire starter! Just in case of course.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You air it out for a while to let the Turpentine evaporate. I haven't yet found a fire retardant additive, but it's been hanging out in the back of my mind.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The real deal is all the non members, guests, that check in daily and click, that is a huge # compared with the members

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have been a Gortex fan since they invented it back in the 70s. Back they it had a bad problem of delaminating and the MFG would replace. Now days a much better product. The Nomad technology takes a similar approach. It is nice to have rainwear breath it is also a great product for wind protection. RD I Would not want to get near a heat source for fear of being a Roman candle. Seal skins if you can get them are also very cool.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The vendors are paid sponsors of the site. The others are google adsense LSB gets a very small sum every time someone clicks on the add what you see is based on your browsing history. For example now that ratdog search for men in bikinis he will have some interesting results. It does not make a difference if you buy from the google add's or not LSB only gets credit if you click on them.

Yes they are annoying just like tv commercials but they help keep the lights on here.
I may've just given things a boost here. A while back, a 68forums member was wanting a lead on Yeti tumblers. One of the ads here was for a free tumbler if you buy $600 worth of their stuff... so I clicked on the link, copied the URL, and pasted it in his thread at 68forums. At least one guy over there has clicked on that link and replied to my post. LOL Just spreading the lub.

shurt

As a visitor and now as a new member, I've clicked on an ad or two.