Diesel. Corn. Too much?

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, like I said some pests may stay away and some may not, there are some with the taste for anything so it may or may not be a deterrent...

LSB Active Member
Well the only time I use the diesel is to keep deer and coons off it, works sometime and others not, same with soured corn.

I take a 4-5 gallon bucket fill no more than 1/2 w dry corn, add a pkg of yeast, koolaide powder 5 packs, sugar 1 lb and fill w water. Let sour 2 weeks in the sun w a top on and then dig a hole, bury it and save a bit to put on top and spray w the diesel.

POOR MANS is 2 liter of any red soda, a beer and the corn and fill w water.

I have used a large can of powdered sweet koolaide and sprinkled it on the top of corn pile on top of the ground, then spray w diesel to use the night I am hunting when I have not soured any corn

Frank do you dig/bury/topper on the day of the hunt? The problem I have run into with digging holes is I'm never there when they show up on the camera. I put a bucket of my fav fermented stink corn down at ~ 230 last Sat after moving my climber. Came back at 5 to get in the climber and the corn was gone! Curious to know what your time frame is with the hole prep and hunt time after. Thanks

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well if you use a posthole digger and go as deep as you can, fill it up and leave some for the top it will take them hours to dig it up. I had one hole 6' deep and 10-12' wide dug up as I would refresh the same hole by digging down deeper than they had dug up, it was crazy. You can hunt the same day or freshen and hunt a different day