Deer season?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So no one else has had any luck deer hunting??? Say its not so!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Still working on it. It takes a little time with a bow when you don't bait them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still bow season in my area, gun opens Thanksgiving.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Up north, gun season opened the second. I had my muzzle loader with me but never had a chance when I was working

Eddy Gein

LSB Member
Been hunting hard since Sat morning, have yet to see "the BIG ONE" I had scouted before gun season.
Been seeing lots of 2 & 3yr olds 10's & a BIG 4yr old 6, but nothing I'd shoot yet.
Kinda hard competing with all the acorns right now, they can feed 24hrs a day & just turn their nose up at corn.

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just killed a small buck at about 9:00 am. I took a guy hog hunting and he repaid me with a deer hunt. It was a cull nothing to write home about. The shot was about 100 yards with a 120 gr SST. He was quartering to me when I shot. I prefer a neck shot but this is what I got and I wanted to be done deer hunting. Took his lungs and guts out. It was total FUBAR inside. SST is explosive.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just killed a small buck at about 9:00 am. I took a guy hog hunting and he repaid me with a deer hunt. It was a cull nothing to write home about. The shot was about 100 yards with a 120 gr SST. He was quartering to me when I shot. I prefer a neck shot but this is what I got and I wanted to be done deer hunting. Took his lungs and guts out. It was total FUBAR inside. SST is explosive.

Did it damage much of the meat or just the guts??

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
See "Arkansas Double" in the archery section fir the story.

20131107_213229.jpg 20131107_213221.jpg

Last edited:

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got a cull buck, still looking for that monster 10 pointer that I have pictures of.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Shot a couple spikes already with the new .308 LMT. That gun really puts the smack down on critters. We have to take 93 deer this year and so far we have only taken about 15 so I am going to be real busy for the rest of the season. I plan on culling this year and I have a few pet bucks that would score in the 140 inch range that are off limits so they can get bigger and breed.

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No damage to the meat just major FUBAR on the guts. It liquefied everything. I have never seen anything like it. I worked on a game ranch for 10 years and I have seen a lot of gut shot deer. The buck was in a slow trot leaving the feeder when I shot him. He stopped at the shot and hunched up and I knew he was hit in the guts. He didn't take another step. When we got to him my friend was going to gut him and I stopped him. I told him we need to hang this one to gut it. It was just soup inside. The exit wound had a bubble the size of a tennis ball. I wasn't going to open the chest cavity on this one but I did anyway.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate when that happens...

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not seeing much at the home place. We haven't even started on our 25 doe tags… Went to Beeville last week and saw some nice ones but didn't go down to really hunt

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We didn't see anything but does. Long weekend of itchy trigger fingers

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No does allowed by you itsazonik? Can't eat antlers.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey does are what I try to kill, no trophy's here...I will take a cull buck I don't want breeding.