Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's not doe season right now. Antlered only where I was

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well we have Christmas week for does here plus I have a doe tag or 2 to use after season opens for gun Nov 28th.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll have to look when doe season is again, I think it's the 23rd of nov up there

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gen gun Zone D Nov. 28 - Dec. 1 and Dec. 14 - Feb. 23

Antlered deer entire season; antlerless deer may be taken Dec. 26-Jan. 1

daily bag limit is 2 antlered deer, and antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless deer permit only.
Possession limit: 4 deer

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Where I mostly hunt we do not shoot does before the Thanksgiving holiday. I could probably get some does at one of the ranches that I issue tags to but I always tell them the same about shooting does before thanksgiving. We have plenty of cull/management bucks to bring down in the mean time though. Hardest part lately is getting the time to head to the ranch. I've only sat out hunting twice since late September and both times I had deer to clean when I got out. I should be able to put some on the ground next weekend though.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where I mostly hunt we do not shoot does before the Thanksgiving holiday. I could probably get some does at one of the ranches that I issue tags to but I always tell them the same about shooting does before thanksgiving. We have plenty of cull/management bucks to bring down in the mean time though. Hardest part lately is getting the time to head to the ranch. I've only sat out hunting twice since late September and both times I had deer to clean when I got out. I should be able to put some on the ground next weekend though.
If you need help culling does give me a ring. I'll even bring my own bullets. lol

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gen gun Zone D Nov. 28 - Dec. 1 and Dec. 14 - Feb. 23

Antlered deer entire season; antlerless deer may be taken Dec. 26-Jan. 1

daily bag limit is 2 antlered deer, and antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless deer permit only.
Possession limit: 4 deer

I'm zone c

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I guess I have a different mind set being since I really only bow hunt whitetails. My properties are not managed for deer at all. I get to hunt it for two weeks each year and a couple days are spent scouting/hanging stands. Then I hunt until the day before I go home.

To me, even a doe is a prize. Besides, a young doe always tastes better than an old rutty Buck.

Good luck with the deer fellas.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i have 3 more weekends i can get out this season. ill get something

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Finally saw a good mature buck at the home place. About an 18" 9 that will score in the 130's. Saw him yesterday around 12:30 checking cows and he just set and looked at me at 75 yards. didn't shoot him cause I'm not the type to shoot something like that out of a truck. The good news is he wasn't with a doe so he should come to the horns in the morning or later this week after the front.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really am not much or a deer hunter, the wife does not prefer the meat, my hogs are shy with all the traffic and food being fed and I am not a morning hunter. Then I could care less of the horns in FL because they are so small and I personally would never pay to have one mounted, I would just throw them on the bone pile....it is nice though to be out and have 1 more animal to target.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i still love me some venison. i don't care about the racks either. although there is a doe i kept seeing up north that was a monster. she was wide and tall. the people who let us use their stands asked up to leave her be because she is breeding well. trail cam pics from the neighbor up there also show a really nice 10 point. biggest i have seen in florida. if i see him ill keep the rack. nice thing is, he only hunts turkey so as long as the 10 point stays near his land he should be ok till i get in his stand.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I really am not much or a deer hunter, the wife does not prefer the meat, my hogs are shy with all the traffic and food being fed and I am not a morning hunter. Then I could care less of the horns in FL because they are so small and I personally would never pay to have one mounted, I would just throw them on the bone pile....it is nice though to be out and have 1 more animal to target.

I am mainly a meat hunter as well. I am very lucky in that my wife is a good cook and we like eating venison year round. We are also lucky to have a place to take as many deer as it takes to fill our freezers. At the ranch, we do keep most all the antlers from bucks we shoot. We mainly do this to keep ranch records and because we get credit at a taxidermist for all the capes we provide them. It makes affording a shoulder mount, if we need one, a lot easier :).

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have never had any of my animals mounted. There were a few I wish I could have though

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Worst gut-shot I saw was a Texas heart shot with a 7mm... that never exited... just whirred around like a blender inside that critter. Two words... Ugh LEE !!!

MD1005

North east FL
Hey everyone, Been busy hows it going?? I hunted all season wrapped up about a month ago. Only killed 1 doe, but she was 75 pounds and delicious. Hope everyone is doing well!