Decent weekend

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is one gnarly hoof ! Never seen one like that.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job...foot infected or healed up?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
3 nice sized porkers fo sure. Way to go!!!! Very nice. BANG BANG!!

Part elephant!!????:)

Last edited:

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Nice shooting!

Using thermal to look down the rows while driving works well. If you stop when you see a critter, the critter won't see headlights or brake lights cuz they have a narrow view down the row. I shot a hog one night about 100yds down the row, left diesel truck running and headed down the row on foot to see the dead hog. When I looked back at truck didn't see anything or hear the motor noise due to leafs rattling in the wind. First thought was WTF! I am close to Mexico border so anything can happen around here. Then I realized the corn was blocking the view of the parking lights front and back, only drivers door was visible but black truck door was not visible at night :) (very narrow view when 10 yds or more into the field) and leaf noise masking diesel motor.
Definitively got the blood pumping.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Be aware of your surroundings down the at night, be safe HW!!!! BANG BANG!!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here's 5 more piggies of the corn taken Friday night. Immediately spotted a lone boar, stalked to 80 yds & DRT. While checking him out I spotted a sounder entering the far corner of the field. Stalked +200 yds (hard to be quiet stalking in dry, cut corn stalks) to within 50 yds of 12 or so pigs. Took out a big sow farthest away from me & nearest the field's edge. Sure enough, this strategy presented in TLM's video worked as the whole sounder takes off away from the loud thwack they just heard near the cover of the field's edge, and directly towards me in the middle of the field! Things got a little crazy - I could feel a breeze created from hogs running by each side of me. I ended up dropping 3 more in the melee, with another hit but ran off. Elevated heart rate session for sure....

image.jpg

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very good stuff Chris. The corn farmer I hunt for called me yesterday to say he's plowig his field. Out here now and 3 confirmed down. Had one injured make it to the woods but don't think its in very far. Heard lots of rustling then quiet. Poison ivy so not that important. Lol.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Children of the corn are being eliminated!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice pile of plump piggies there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those all look like good eating hogs!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
not until it gets cooler

then we can share

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
not until it gets cooler

then we can share

Yep Frank, although a couple looked pretty clean it's still too dang hot for me to think about cutting on a hog. T.B.P.S. can remain at ease for a while longer, lol.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very good stuff Chris. The corn farmer I hunt for called me yesterday to say he's plowig his field. Out here now and 3 confirmed down. Had one injured make it to the woods but don't think its in very far. Heard lots of rustling then quiet. Poison ivy so not that important. Lol.

oh no, run away from poison ivy for sure.... TBPS will be on the scene shortly. Good to hear you're get'n some!