Close Encounters

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video. I love it when critters get that close. On the neighbors, I have a GPS that shows property lines and actually has the phone number of the landowner so you could call if you wanted. Can give you the info if you would like. Pm me and I can provide it for you.

Is that an app?

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video Dan. Thanks!

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry all. Been working 16hr days getting ready for a show.

I picked up a memory card that goes into my GPS that gives info regarding land owners with phone number. I looked up my property and it has my name and number on it so I know it works. I have not used it much but got it to avoid trespass situations. I got it at my local sportsman's warehouse. Here is the current website http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/store/#.VThSw5MYGSo It now appears they have a cell app. They update it yearly but you have to buy the upgrade at a discounted rate. If you don't need the upgraded information you don't need to buy it. I was looking more for public vs private but got the name and number as a bonus.

ETA, Oh I am not sure if they cover all states yet.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, They do have Tx. You have to buy the state specific product to get name and number info. I am not sure what comes on the mobile App.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just downloaded the app. Very interesting, but also pretty out of date for the spot checks I was able to do.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did too, mobile app was free, or 29.00 if you want to upgrade I believe.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bought the upgrade and then looked at some property boundaries that I know changed in the last 10 years. The changes were not reflected. However it's a better starting point to find an owner than digging in a courthouse basement!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Texas is tough. Most states all properties are sections/quadrants/ easily defined mostly squared but all by longitude/latitude. Makes it very easy to find property boundries. Texas uses landmarks and measurements instead that are kind of off the norm. I didn't notice any phone numbers on the app!?