Close Encounters

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
These guys came in downwind. They got w/in 30 feet and the wind was swirling...I needed them on my side of the fence! So close, so close.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's a lot of fun even if you don't get to shoot. At least you are getting outside and having close calls.

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Bummer. You should have played the soundtrack from TLM's "hog-calling". Maybe you could have coaxed them over.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's hard to have them that close and not be able to shoot.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I take it the property owners on that side of the fence havent been very friendly?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man, that ain't right ! Hogs in the sights, and NO "BANG" !!!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I take it the property owners on that side of the fence havent been very friendly?
Nobody lives there and it's where the hogs all bed for the day. I have left my card on their gate twice with no reply. It's not worth offending someone for a hog, those landowners or mine, especially on video. lol
I use scent control and my clothes are all in a scent bag and I change at the site, I usually get away with animals right under me. I realized last night I had put Theragesic on my lower back twice yesterday and didn't take a shower in no scent soap before leaving. Wasted opportunity, my bad.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have had a similar experience several times. The most recent was last month. Across from TBR is a cattle and hay operation where the landowner isn't bothered by the hogs. Every couple of months, I can see large areas rooted all to hell and on several occasions have seen hogs out feeding in daylight, but the guy just doesn't care. Put this video together to show him part of the problem. He just doesn't like hunting.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And they were on your side of the fence it looks like?? Those are a couple of nice ones?? Hope you get em!! On the other side of the fence? that just is not right!! BANG BANG!!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
so close Dan.....think they would have crossed if it wasn't for the wind?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I went back tonight...shot a 200# boar and dumped him, I always shoot high shoulder but thought I would take a head shot. There were some small branches hanging down and I pushed it back a little too far I believe. He went down, then kicked a bit forward and squealed but I walked over and he was gone. I heard some crashing in the brush, it was dark and thick in there but I went looking and looked until after dark. No sign. Hate losing a hog it bothers me. Video coming.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Once in a while, one does get away. Buzzards gotta eat too.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video. I love it when critters get that close. On the neighbors, I have a GPS that shows property lines and actually has the phone number of the landowner so you could call if you wanted. Can give you the info if you would like. Pm me and I can provide it for you.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I went back tonight...shot a 200# boar and dumped him, I always shoot high shoulder but thought I would take a head shot. There were some small branches hanging down and I pushed it back a little too far I believe. He went down, then kicked a bit forward and squealed but I walked over and he was gone. I heard some crashing in the brush, it was dark and thick in there but I went looking and looked until after dark. No sign. Hate losing a hog it bothers me. Video coming.
We at the Turkey Buzzard Preservation Society appreciate your non-deductible contribution to feed our feathered friends.

Nothing is wasted by the yotes and buzzards.