Christmas Pigs

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think I am tamaleed out...
I can say that I have sold a lot of hogs this time of year and those road side tamale sellers ain't buying that pork from the store!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD: FYI if you are going to do this a bunch I would invest in a catch pole or you being you, you could probably make one. BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah like the dog catchers! good idea!

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually, I have a dog catching pole I can bring with me to La Vernia this week. I'll toss it in the truck if you think you're going to be out catching anymore this week.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tried catch poles but they are not good for hogs really unless small hogs. For starters they get destroyed and its one thing to hold a dog at bay with one but a 100-200# hog is going where he wants and it is usually right at you! You can direct a dog where you want him to go but a pig isn't nearly as willing.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tried catch poles but they are not good for hogs really unless small hogs. For starters they get destroyed and its one thing to hold a dog at bay with one but a 100-200# hog is going where he wants and it is usually right at you! You can direct a dog where you want him to go but a pig isn't nearly as willing.
Yup that was what I was talking about, I was thinking up o fifty lbs or so. Just thought it might go quicker for yoou. You would have to make one out of galvanized but then you would have the poundage to deal with too. Just a thought. The big ones ,,well,,, you are on your own:) BANG BANG!!

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I didn't think much about trying to tangle with a 200#'er with it. I was thinking more like the older chopper size you had in the back of the truck.

Either way I can't see it as an easy task. Though easier if we wait until they're in the pan to grease them up.....

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jump on and spur-up! And whisper in it's ear... "This is how yer sister likes it!" Gotta hold on fer at least 8 sec. though.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jump on and spur-up! And whisper in it's ear... "This is how yer sister likes it!" Gotta hold on fer at least 8 sec. though.
Oh goodness still laughing my sides hurt....... Excellent RD!