Christmas Pigs

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good on ya!!! Nice going! BANG BANG!! Glad to see some video of you trappin again!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work there Dan, good lookin' trio, great eating size too.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
2 are gone already and the other I'm holding for a gal until Wednesday...she's going to cook it in the ground. The little one is probably on the pit right now and the other is going to be butchered today for Tamales. No waste anyways.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just trail cam dec 20th 014.JPG remembered my trail camera was set up...looks like 6 or 7 hogs were at the trap for a bit before catching the 3. After the catch the outside ones hung around for hours, apparently waiting for their buddies.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You're looking a little tired in the after pic, but at least you don't look bloody!
Hopefully, no more armpit snagging on the tops of hog panel... rough on shirts and hide.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You're looking a little tired in the after pic, but at least you don't look bloody!
Maybe...pic was about 1 1/2 hrs later at second property after checking 2nd trap and unloading and setting up original trap on different ranch. The hogs had mellowed enough to get a pic with the tail gate down but they are hog tied!
It used to take an hour to get a pig out, now about 5 minutes per hog..tied up and loaded.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You got'choo a system going there, that's good time.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe...pic was about 1 1/2 hrs later at second property after checking 2nd trap and unloading and setting up original trap on different ranch. The hogs had mellowed enough to get a pic with the tail gate down but they are hog tied!
It used to take an hour to get a pig out, now about 5 minutes per hog..tied up and loaded.
That was what I was wondering....

Ok now they're trapped, now what? Climb in with them? How do you handle that?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually I use a lariat, choke them out 1 by 1, drag them out, get on top of them, loosen the rope a bit, tie legs and load...goes pretty quick. I can handle a 200# plus hog without injury or being a big deal anymore. I knew watching the UFC all these years would pay off! LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Would love to see that sometime, it looked like it would be a war getting them out, you old dog do it the easy way!! Congrats

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Would love to see that sometime, it looked like it would be a war getting them out, you old dog do it the easy way!! Congrats
There are a few things that get better with age. Like thinking ahead. Lol

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job I might have paid money to see hog rodeo!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... yea, as we get older pain doesn't just vanish with a few aspirin, a few beers, and 8hrs.' worth of sleep. Good motivator for some fore thought.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was wondering how you trained them to just lay there for the picture taking. I was figuring you were a hog whisperer

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was wondering how you trained them to just lay there for the picture taking. I was figuring you were a hog whisperer
Instead, he's just running a black-market hog adoption racket.

He's a hog-coyote... smuggling flesh.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job on trappin' and tieing up that trio of hogs. I like the photo of the hogs in your truck!
Do you also get a delivery of tamales from one of your hog deals?

Dennis