Can you write a thermal scope off on your taxes?

chthump

LSB Member
Thank you much firemedic 2000, also, Fanninland, I do the same, taking pictures, etc.

I just thought the thermal couldn't be a tax right off, simply because of one simple reason.

I love to shoot hogs/coyotes. If your having fun, the IRS would not allow it.

LSB Active Member
It's considered security. She just did not want to do it. Trust me it's 100% legal. If necessary to the operation to the business you can deduct it. Guns you do not list as guns as security equipment for live stock same with thermals. Does not matter if you bought five a year. Marla does several strawberry farmers and one orange grove farmer. Just list thermals and guns under security equipment.

Tell you these farmers down here deduct all there guns and equipment for the farm. They've got nice stuff to. Their accts do not tell them no.

She's been doing this for 40 years down here in Florida.

Is she a liberal or antigun or afraid of the IRS because she not confident of her ability as an accountant. Just asking. Truthfully with you being a farmer you can write off just about everything you buy. Any cpa with any kind sense would know that. I do not think your getting the best service you can get. If she told you that.

But hey your there and we are here. I wish we could be more help to you.

Firemedic I'm going to message you about a few things if you don't mind.....local Tampa....this thread has me thinkin!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do whatever your tax professional tells you you can do. Not what someone on the internet says.

firemedic2000

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Firemedic I'm going to message you about a few things if you don't mind.....local Tampa....this thread has me thinkin!

Sure if I need to I can put you in contact with my wife. Like I said it's been a while since I've worked at the office. Marla has been in accounting for 40 years. Her office is in Plant City. I have not in any way kept up on all the tax codes. The only way I was able to answer your questions here was by asking her first. As a matter of fact she has several clients that she does the books for that are farmers and that how I was able to find out the answers to your questions. I am by no means the expert here. I just asks her what you guys were asking about here and got the answers.