Armasight Predator

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
On a more positive note I got the predator zeroed on my 300wtf. That Armasight 4moa reticle sure makes zeroing easier for me.

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rich I don't have another IR scope to compare it to. I've never handled another IRD product. I talked to Don and he thought it may have an issue. I'm going to email him and get a shipping label so they're on it. I just don't want to send it back if there is nothing wrong with it......but there seems to be.

On native mag the scope picks up signatures from very far away. It destroys my pulsar hd38 for detection.......not really a surprise I guess. But here's the kinda odd thing. Looking at or id'ing an animal at over 100 yards and out on native mag the image has a haze or blur about it, like it needs to be focused. It actually has a better picture when I go to 2x and cut the resolution. It would be a much better shooter at 2x and less resolution. Not being a tech guy I don't know if it can be unfocused at native and focused at 2x, but that's how it seems.

As I said Don at IRD has been very helpful. If anything I don't want to send back a unit bc I'm comparing a 35mm lens to the 75mm lens on my Zeus. Any thoughts, Rich?

That's good to hear. There were a small number of scopes that had this focus issue and IR Defense has done a good job of getting them fixed and turned around quickly. Although it would be nice to confirm whether or not it has the focus issue before sending it back, based on what you describe it sounds like it does have an issue. The image should be very sharp and crisp at all distances beyond about 30 or so yards.

I'm not a tech guy either so I can't explain why the focus changes at different levels of digital zoom, but it is something I have also observed during use. Here are a couple videos I took through the eyepiece of the REAP which shows this happening:

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Predator has developed a yellow smudge in the display. It's not a spec of dirt or what not. I guess the oled is going T's up.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I noticed that it only went blurry when in magnification and the brightness and sharpness was turned all the way up, that there is probably the problem?? Most thermals I have seen get blurry when you start to zoom in on them and then to top it off turning up those two would not help. That is my 2 cents. BANG BANG!!

this post was in reply to rich 20730

Re read that post?, Is that doing it on auto??

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Predator has developed a yellow smudge in the display. It's not a spec of dirt or what not. I guess the oled is going T's up.
Daughter has not mentioned anything and it is one with it being sent in and updated back in the day! BANG BANG!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you have the yellow lens cap on there??:) Na man just kidding, call the gang up and ask them and get that thing sent in so they can fix it?? BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Over here with our short shots the predator is all that is needed, not just have to find one someone is giving away!

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was looking at some smallish wheat calves at 150 yards broadside and I would have felt ok taking a head shot. I was all jazzed up and then this yellow burn spot appears. It's going back to San Fran if armasight will ever answer the phone.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Anyone ever had Fedex say they delivered a thermal scope that they didn't? Started an investigation hopefully they get the driver to either cough it up or get it from whoever he delivered it to.