Armasight Predator

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I just received a new predator in trade and looking at cows in the daylight I have to say I'm really impressed. Compact and sturdy unit. This little lens provide a better picture than I would have thought. Gonna play with it tonight but I think this little guy is a keeper.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes they really improved the whole line tremendously with that firmware update a few months back.

Randy

Iowa
I just received a new predator in trade and looking at cows in the daylight I have to say I'm really impressed. Compact and sturdy unit. This little lens provide a better picture than I would have thought. Gonna play with it tonight but I think this little guy is a keeper.

Looking forward to reading your post after using it tonight.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hmmm... I've got ground beast, pico de gallo, lettuce, cheese, corn tortillas, some sauce... me thinks it's a taco kind of evening !!! Oh, yeah... plenty of cold beer too.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those are nice, the daughter loves the one she scampered off with from the house. BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those are nice, the daughter loves the one she scampered off with from the house. BANG BANG!!
Your daughter scampered off with a Taco??? Weird but hey, whatever. TACO TACO
Actually waiting for my wife to get home with some Carne Asada for my dinner. taco taco

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Didn't make it out last night.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damnit taco. Go hunting for us already

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ok I went out Saturday night and played with the predator. I had it on a 300blk rifle that wasn't zeroed. I also was using my Reap-IR in the field for the first time as a scanner. My Zeus 640 75mm was on my 6.8 shooter. So I had the 300/predator on tripod just viewing not shooting. Killed a few with the Zeus.

There were lots of deer and coyotes out and some hogs. It was surprisingly humid. It's hard for me to put things into perspective after using the 640 75 Zeus. To me most everything looks like a turd compared to it. But, at $2700 or so, the predator is what it is and it excels at that. It's a 336 res scope with a tiny lens. Still, that little tiny package gives me a picture as good as my pulsar 38a scanner. That impressed me. I'm really happy with it. It's like the 75mm's younger brother that's a little bit slow. I'll zero this week, kill some S with it, and report my results.

If anything, I'm still trying to get happy with the Reap-IR. I'm still not blown away. Yeah, a 640 scanner is nice. It's a brick S house of a scope. I like the joystick and the menu. The closed shutter NUC is a non issue to me. I don't like the non colored reticles. I don't like the no obj focus. At native magnification I find the image lacking; at 2x The image is better which I know sounds counter intuitive. Maybe I'm asking to much out of a 35mm lens, but then again it's a $7500 scope.

Randy

Iowa
Ok I went out Saturday night and played with the predator. I had it on a 300blk rifle that wasn't zeroed. I also was using my Reap-IR in the field for the first time as a scanner. My Zeus 640 75mm was on my 6.8 shooter. So I had the 300/predator on tripod just viewing not shooting. Killed a few with the Zeus.

There were lots of deer and coyotes out and some hogs. It was surprisingly humid. It's hard for me to put things into perspective after using the 640 75 Zeus. To me most everything looks like a turd compared to it. But, at $2700 or so, the predator is what it is and it excels at that. It's a 336 res scope with a tiny lens. Still, that little tiny package gives me a picture as good as my pulsar 38a scanner. That impressed me. I'm really happy with it. It's like the 75mm's younger brother that's a little bit slow. I'll zero this week, kill some S with it, and report my results.

If anything, I'm still trying to get happy with the Reap-IR. I'm still not blown away. Yeah, a 640 scanner is nice. It's a brick S house of a scope. I like the joystick and the menu. The closed shutter NUC is a non issue to me. I don't like the non colored reticles. I don't like the no obj focus. At native magnification I find the image lacking; at 2x The image is better which I know sounds counter intuitive. Maybe I'm asking to much out of a 35mm lens, but then again it's a $7500 scope.

Thanks for the update.

D

djones

If anything, I'm still trying to get happy with the Reap-IR. I'm still not blown away... I don't like the non colored reticles. I don't like the no obj focus. At native magnification I find the image lacking; at 2x .
next thing you know you'll be complaining that it jams.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
next thing you know you'll be complaining that it jams.

I don't tolerate jams, nor preserves. Marmalade......maybe.

I went through a period where I kept buying lemon ruger .22 pistols. I could find one that worked. The last one ended up in a stock tank.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for posting the update Taco. This may be a good candidate for a backup/wingman TWS to my Zeus 640/75.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't tolerate jams, nor preserves. Marmalade......maybe.

I went through a period where I kept buying lemon ruger .22 pistols. I could find one that worked. The last one ended up in a stock tank.
Hey now... nuttin' wrong with a GOOD frozen Wild Mountain Blackberry jam !!!

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

I think you may have a focus issue with your REAP. Have you compared your unit to anyone else's that has one or to any other IR Defense scope?

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Rich I don't have another IR scope to compare it to. I've never handled another IRD product. I talked to Don and he thought it may have an issue. I'm going to email him and get a shipping label so they're on it. I just don't want to send it back if there is nothing wrong with it......but there seems to be.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
On native mag the scope picks up signatures from very far away. It destroys my pulsar hd38 for detection.......not really a surprise I guess. But here's the kinda odd thing. Looking at or id'ing an animal at over 100 yards and out on native mag the image has a haze or blur about it, like it needs to be focused. It actually has a better picture when I go to 2x and cut the resolution. It would be a much better shooter at 2x and less resolution. Not being a tech guy I don't know if it can be unfocused at native and focused at 2x, but that's how it seems.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
As I said Don at IRD has been very helpful. If anything I don't want to send back a unit bc I'm comparing a 35mm lens to the 75mm lens on my Zeus. Any thoughts, Rich?