Armasight Issues

Woods

I bought a Zeus Pro 640 100mm 60hz early Feb and when I received it there were several problems with the unit. The ocular lens had a small flat spot in the middle of it that was causing light to refract/bend around it and the image was distorted around the edges as well. The heat detection sort of worked in black/white but I couldn't see my dog in the backyard in 50° weather in any of the color modes.

I sent it in to Armasight 2 days after receiving it and still haven't received it back. They told me both lenses were bad as was the core. Seems like something QA should've caught before shipping it out. I've called once a week and have consistently been told "it will ship out tomorrow or the next day" yet here we are 2 months later. I felt like I was constantly getting lied to and they've never called me back when they said they would.

Three weeks ago I asked for a manager and talked to Andrew. He told me that there are some design changes in the works and they were going to send me one of the redesigned units once testing is completed on the prototypes. He said, in the mean time, he would send out a loaner 30hz unit that I could use during the 45-60 day wait for production to spin up on the revamped design. I thought this was pretty stand up of them and my attitude towards the company started to change. Andrew said he'd get the 30hz loaner unit out to me overnight and I'd have it by the weekend. It's been 3 weeks and I still haven't received anything. I don't want to be an asshole but I feel like I might have to get a lawyer involved.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Woods, first welcome to the forum. I am hoping some here can offer you a resolution but I would be on phone daily checking...this is way too long to wait.

TDinger

Yeah I hear Amrasights customer service is best in class but I have had zero luck with them as well. Never return an email or phone call in all my attempts to contact them. Pretty bad a guy spends nearly 10k on a clip on and they won't even respond back. I hope somebody from Armasight sees this but I doubt it. They can't even handle direct contact let alone something like this.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First welcome to the forum.

Second I took the liberty of calling Armasight for you here is what's going on. They offered you a 30hz unit at the time you called with a price difference refund because 60hz units are backorded. You turned it down and wanted to wait for a 60hz, at the time there were 30hz units availible. As a side note (30hz is the better choice for 640 units there is no advantage with the 60hz and eats batteries twice as fast) but that is a different story.

When you called back and spoke to Andrew he did offer you a 30hz loaner but by that time armasight has switched to an even better lens and the 100mm lenses have not finished production. He told you it will ship next day when they recive the new lens shipment. Which should be sometime this week or next.

While I agree it has taken way too long they offered a solution and you refused it.

Hope this clears the water.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I hear Amrasights customer service is best in class but I have had zero luck with them as well. Never return an email or phone call in all my attempts to contact them. Pretty bad a guy spends nearly 10k on a clip on and they won't even respond back. I hope somebody from Armasight sees this but I doubt it. They can't even handle direct contact let alone something like this.

Do they not answer the phone when you call? I have neve not had their customer service answer during buisness hours.

If I had a several thousand dollar item that did not work I would call every 15min until I got a fix or a refund. I do not understand this waiting weeks for an answer.

But again I have never called and not had a real person answer the phone either.

Dry Creek

LSB Member
Do they not answer the phone when you call? I have neve not had their customer service answer during buisness hours.

If I had a several thousand dollar item that did not work I would call every 15min until I got a fix or a refund. I do not understand this waiting weeks for an answer.

But again I have never called and not had a real person answer the phone either.
I have called Armasight twice and e-mailed once in the last 2 years and got a person both times and the e-mail answered within 24 hrs.

Woods

First welcome to the forum.

Second I took the liberty of calling Armasight for you here is what's going on. They offered you a 30hz unit at the time you called with a price difference refund because 60hz units are backorded. You turned it down and wanted to wait for a 60hz, at the time there were 30hz units availible. As a side note (30hz is the better choice for 640 units there is no advantage with the 60hz and eats batteries twice as fast) but that is a different story.

When you called back and spoke to Andrew he did offer you a 30hz loaner but by that time armasight has switched to an even better lens and the 100mm lenses have not finished production. He told you it will ship next day when they recive the new lens shipment. Which should be sometime this week or next.

While I agree it has taken way too long they offered a solution and you refused it.

Hope this clears the water.

Hey Todd, thanks for the welcome.

I'm afraid they misled you too. I would've gladly taken the 30hz unit and a refund for the difference. That's not, however, what was offered. Andrew clearly said that they were coming out with some changes to the lens design and he was offering a loaner unit while they were finalizing prototype testing and production.

I'm not sure what refund they would've offered or given anyways. I didn't order the scope from them, I purchased it from nightvisiondirect.com.

Woods

I re-read your post and wanted to clarify. The ONLY time they mentioned anything about a 30hz unit was during the one call with Andrew when he offered a loaner. There was no previous discussion or offer of a 30hz unit and a refund that occurred with him or anyone else. I've been waiting for the 30hz LOANER that was offered 3 weeks ago which was supposed to show up 2-3 days after it was offered, and accepted.

Any further help or clarity you can provide would greatly be appreciated. Thanks TLM.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I fowarded this thread to Armasight.

I can only go by what they tell me I know there are miscommunication ' s and human error involved with stuff so who knows.

Hopefully it gets worked out for you soon. If possible I would call and go with the 30hz unit in 640 resolution that is my advise. Ive used all the units.

Woods

Thanks for your help, Todd. You may have been the grease needed to get things rolling. I just received a call back from Andrew. I mentioned the miscommunication above, about the supposed offer for a 30hz unit and a refund for the difference, and asked him if that might be a possibility after all. He said that they don't do refunds if the unit wasn't purchased directly from them but he put me on hold and asked the president of the company what they could do. He came back and said they could get me a 30hz unit out hopefully this week and give me store credit for the difference. That's pretty stand up of them and works for me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow, I never heard of such a thing..super of Armasight, you got the right unit now.

TDinger

No they answer but nobody can ever get me an answer. I get so and so will call you about this and nothing. Tried email and no response to the 3 emails I have sent. I figured out what I needed to the long and hard way and via forums like this.