Armasight Alternate Battery

D

djones

lawdawg,
i'm submitting this petition on behalf of most of the lsb members. frenkT didn't sign but his wife did (several times actually - glad i caught that). this is only page 1, but i have over 1,000 signatures including takko! i/we demand that all my banners be restored immediately or we're quitting and joining DaveABQ's forum!

petition.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I say just Ban DJ now for spreading FAKE NEWS, he is obviously a democrat..What would TRUMP do??

ExCavTanker

The new armasight battery packs and the ultimate night vision battery packs will work with dvr's. Dave isn't here for a reason not by his choice.
Todd, can you please link me to the new Armasight (FLIR) and the UNV Battery packs that will work in conjunction with the UNV MDVR that you referenced. I have spoken to the guys at UNV this winter about the Anker battery pack they were selling (Powercore) and he actually tried to power up a Zeus model while I was on the phone and it would start but not run.

As mentioned by others, certain versions of those USB charger style battery packs ONLY put out 5V which does NOT work on the standard Zeus scopes. What I want to know is if the following pack will work using the quick charge port that outputs multiple voltage ranges. Specifically, since we're not 'charging' but merely 'powering' the scope which requires 6V. Before I connect it and have a $5K scope release it's magic smoke, I need to know if it will work without issues.

Obviously, the lack of internal recording on my Zeus scope is what's creating this dillema as it appears the new FLIR versions will have onboard recording, but I digress. Hopefully your contacts at FLIR can confirm one way or another because going through 4 sets of batteries last night here in snow country is getting to be BS and expensive.

Thanks!

Anker | PowerCore+10050 with Quick Charge 3.0 | Black

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lawdawg,
i'm submitting this petition on behalf of most of the lsb members. frenkT didn't sign but his wife did (several times actually - glad i caught that). this is only page 1, but i have over 1,000 signatures including takko! i/we demand that all my banners be restored immediately or we're quitting and joining DaveABQ's forum!

View attachment 4579
What? DJones' name fails to appear on said petition? That's pretty weak.

Marko

lawdawg,

View attachment 4579

Lol, that's hilarious

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Todd, can you please link me to the new Armasight (FLIR) and the UNV Battery packs that will work in conjunction with the UNV MDVR that you referenced. I have spoken to the guys at UNV this winter about the Anker battery pack they were selling (Powercore) and he actually tried to power up a Zeus model while I was on the phone and it would start but not run.

As mentioned by others, certain versions of those USB charger style battery packs ONLY put out 5V which does NOT work on the standard Zeus scopes. What I want to know is if the following pack will work using the quick charge port that outputs multiple voltage ranges. Specifically, since we're not 'charging' but merely 'powering' the scope which requires 6V. Before I connect it and have a $5K scope release it's magic smoke, I need to know if it will work without issues.

Obviously, the lack of internal recording on my Zeus scope is what's creating this dillema as it appears the new FLIR versions will have onboard recording, but I digress. Hopefully your contacts at FLIR can confirm one way or another because going through 4 sets of batteries last night here in snow country is getting to be BS and expensive.

Thanks!

Anker | PowerCore+10050 with Quick Charge 3.0 | Black

I'm told they won't be selling direct anymore, the website has not been updated and may not be. There are lots of changed going on right now information does now flow freely with large corporations it seems red tape is going to be very prevalent.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
this seems similar to the situation involving banners that mysteriously dissappeared
If you keep killing all those hogs you may disappear too. Just cause your not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.:eek:

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
USB adjustable voltage booster I need to add the connector for the Zeus and waiting for some 220uf capacitors to remove the .036 v ripple to make sure and keep output very clean. Under $40.00 to make as connector alone is $8 plus shipping.

EsyyDxe.jpg

Last edited:

ExCavTanker

I'm told they won't be selling direct anymore, the website has not been updated and may not be. There are lots of changed going on right now information does now flow freely with large corporations it seems red tape is going to be very prevalent.

Totally understand about the FLIR transition but I'm just trying to get clarification if the battery pack I linked in my post will run a standard Zeus (using the multi voltage port) without damage?

ExCavTanker

USB adjustable voltage booster I need to add the connector for the Zeus and waiting for some 220uf capacitors to remove the .036 v ripple to make sure and keep output very clean. Under $40.00 to make as connector alone is $8 plus shipping.

EsyyDxe.jpg
Looking forward to your finished product results. I'd really need to end up with a Y cable as I need to drive both the Zeus and a UNV MDVR.

Hard_ware

Use a USB powerbank with 2 usb ports. 1 for the thermal one for the MDVR

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Always enjoy you posts Hard_ware. Sure wish I could speak electrons.

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Use a USB powerbank with 2 usb ports. 1 for the thermal one for the MDVR

With my Zeus, I want external power in to the scope and video out from the scope to the MDVR. MDVR battery is not a problem. Got anything for that? Or is that what your USB Powerbank solution is doing? Thanks.

Hard_ware

0XYlWSJ.jpg
Just adding a soldered cable to plug, that goes in to a/v jack on mdvr.

Just need length of cables 1st cable= length needed from zeus jack to usb power bank, then 2nd cable= length from zeus jack to mdvr location.
Where you are mounting the mdvr and power bank will determine the length needed, so different for each persons setup. But same design just different length, and right angle usb plug or straight? MDVR a/v plug straight or angled? Voltage set to 6.10vdc clean power no noise .

Last edited:

Hard_ware

Iljdr53.jpg

Power only on this one , did not set up for video out. I rigged a nylon nut to make the connector turn down so it does not stick up straight. It's on solid, you can pick up the scope with it.

ExCavTanker

I admire your ability to design/create that custom cable, myself I decided to pay UNV for their custom single cable (8 pin connector to mini RCA pin) for video signal. I presume you had to create that custom cable because the Anker pack you have ONLY puts out 5V. The question I still need answered is what I posted earlier in this thread, will the Anker pack I linked to that outputs in multiple voltage steps power up the standard Zeus scope safely?

From the product description page of the Aker battery pack for those of you that didn't clink the link, notes the mulitiple voltage and amperage outputs:

Output
5-6V ⎓ 3A / 6-9V ⎓ 2A / 9-12V ⎓ 1.5A

Ultimate Night Vision already has the custom Y cable I would need (USB to 8 pin to Mini RCA). The UNV MDVR already has it's own built in power supply, we only need the vido signal. But again, will the multi volt ouput of the specific Anker pack I referenced drive the Zues WITHOUT overpowering it and damaging the electronics.

If my multiple attempts to ask that question still aren't clear I'll be happy to refine it as needed. There are those on this board with much more industry connections or test equipment than I have to ferret out this answer. IF this soution will work, many owners in the snow belt will be greatful.

Hard_ware

I don't know, would need one to test. But I think it has to recognize the device to apply one o f 3 fast charging methods it uses.
Since the thermal scope does not support any fast charging technologies I would think it would not work.
But with out testing it out I am just going on how I think it works. IQ+ charging technology.

D

djones

so that's what a thermal scope looks like in the daylight. but why is it on life support?

exCT... i think you have an error in formula. consider this...

the integral of f(x)dx = 1/2a [ln(a+x/a-x)] where (0<|x|<a)

unless f(x) =sqrt((a**2)+(x**2))

in which case the integral of f(x)dx = a**2[sinh**-1(x/a) + [x(sqrt(a**2+x**2)/a**2)]]