Armasight Alternate Battery

kryptekman

LSB Member
Is the Armasight Extended Battery pack the only alternate battery source or is there another product that is compatible with the 8 pin connector?

Thanks!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've built a couple. One uses two 18650 batteries and another used AA's.

156755086.jpg

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is there a consensus "best" DVR for the Armasight Zeus?

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I have the olde style Armasight DVR and an MDVR ... and I actually prefer the ADVR ... it is easier to use, does not get wavy lines, and I can tell whether it is on and recording by looking at the thermal. With the MDVR, it is hard to mount, gets wavy lines and gives no feedback into the thermal about whether it is working or not.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You say the "old style" Armasight DVR- do you happen to know if there is an appreciable difference between the older version and the current version? Being able to confirm that the unit is recording through the optic would be a nice plus.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Well the "newer one" looks more like an MDVR ... and when I recently got my Zeus, I asked, and they said the new ones weren't actually available yet, and wouldn't be for another several months ... so they might be be available yet. So the biggest difference I'm aware of is the newer one isn't available ... er as of a few weeks ago anyways.
Oh and the "olde style" one can also be used as a backup auxillary battery pack, which the MDVR cannot. Another plus, in my book.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave, how much for the one that uses the 18650's?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Dave, how muchcan solder r the one that uses the 18650's?

Can you solder? The battery pack is basically a phone charger, here :

Portable DIY Aluminum USB 18650 Battery Charger Power Bank For Phone iPhone 5 5s

Is you can solder I can tell you how to build one. There is a catch using these, the regulated output is 5v. The Zeus line will operate from 4.6v - 7.4v if I remember correctly. That scope battery meter works off of remaining voltage, so it will always show as low, but will have a long time remaining.

I probably could look at the circuit card and change the output higher, but haven't messed with it in awhile.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes I can solder. And have an iron or two. Can I get the 8 pin connector at radio shack?

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK got a connector. Wired up to the 5v side. Plugged it in. Powers up. But is too low of voltage for the scope. In the red zone and screen flickers.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes. Forgot I all ready had a connector and a different brand usb backup battery pack. The scope isn't happy with the 5v. Anay ideas?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Did you put a meter on the output of the battery pack to check voltage? Did you remove the batteries from the scope?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I work on some I have to see if I can get the voltage higher than 5 so they aren't borderline. Maybe some tolerances cause different scopes to be more sensitive to the lower limits.

Matt76

I've built a couple. One uses two 18650 batteries and another used AA's.

156755086.jpg
I just purchased my first thermal (Zeus 640x42). Looking at this picture, does this set up allow you to use external battery and MDVR at the same time on a Zeus?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just purchased my first thermal (Zeus 640x42). Looking at this picture, does this set up allow you to use external battery and MDVR at the same time on a Zeus?
I don't believe DaveABQ still haunts here. However, over on 68forums.com, you can PM him under the username "Elkbow" to inquire about this.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the heads up
The new armasight battery packs and the ultimate night vision battery packs will work with dvr's. Dave isn't here for a reason not by his choice.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
this seems similar to the situation involving banners that mysteriously dissappeared
Yeah? Didn't you used to have an earned yellow banner too?