Anyone else sick the day after all-night hog hunt?

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Not having a reference point distorts the brains perception of direction.
Ain't that the truth!?!

Sometimes on a really dark night I'll go looking for a hog, traipsing back and forth so much that I have to use my thermal monocular the find my way back to my vehicle!

hankercheeky

The problem people can have at night deals with the lack of reference points.

If you get seasick on a boat, looking at the horizon helps.

Not having a reference point distorts the brains perception of direction.
copy. I really don't wanna bitch. I choose to go out in the black with thermals and stalk critters.

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. Fo real.

hankercheeky

Ain't that the truth!?!

Sometimes on a really dark night I'll go looking for a hog, traipsing back and forth so much that I have to use my thermal monocular the find my way back to my vehicle!
Ha, I'll just tell you this right quick. The other night I was on a new property that I've never seen in daylight, very hilly, was stalking down a steep hill hoping to put a hurt on a sounder at the bottom of hill next to wood line. I suddenly heard that sickening low grunt/snort. Froze. Swung slowly to the right in optic and ... hey, guess what...a group of hogs was right on my ear. Maybe 20 yrds. Big grass in Texas, as you all know.

And then (the best part) all the cows started stampeding right toward me. Not that many, but there were bulls and new moms, etc. 55-60 head maybe? And I had no idea how to get back to the truck. Hilarious!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hilarious when you make it back to safety, not so much when you are staring down a thundering herd.