Anybody used this company for a Trust?

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
I am contemplating my first NFA item (suppressor) and I have done some reading about the different methods. I would more than likely want to do a Trust that supports other trustees.

If anybody has used Quicken Willmaker please advise of the best version to get, recent postings are still saying to use the 2009 version which is now nearly 5 years old....

I bumped into a Florida forum that has alot of current info (past week) and the guy said he used this company http://nfafirearmstrust.com/?gclid=CLPmzZOSq7gCFWdo7AodEFAA0w Does anybody have any experience with them for a Texas trust? Seems like this week only is 50% off.....

I will probably make my decision on Sunday so lets here your OpIniOnS.

Thx,

HTXH

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used Sean Cody out of Houston for mine. Was easy and quick. All done by email and took about a week to have document in hand.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had better luck calling him on the phone to get hold of him. Number is on website.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
(*Sigh*)... so much hassle for such a simple upgrade to a firearm.

ranch dawg

GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What price range are we talking here,,,Im about to make the move too !!

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
The link i posted is 134 dollars with the above recommendations coming in higher all the way out past 300 dollars.

I'm still in a holding pattern....

HTXH

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sean Cody is my vote. Good guy who will explain everything over the phone and has some very good knowledge of not just the law, but he owns alot of toys so he can give you some input on good products.

Use a lawyer. They know the law unlike the rest of us. Quicken programs may or may not apply for each state and all the laws that are particular to each state. Spend the extra money. It is in the lawyers best interests to provide a document that holds up to the law, because it is their practice that would suffer if it doesnt.

I paid $450 back in 2011. Not sure what he charges now.

JamesB74

LSB Member
Sean Cody is a vote form me also. He also will keep your schedule a and a copy for you just in case. A little pricier but he knows the routine and the paperwork always flows smoothly.

PJW

Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used Sean Cody for my trust. I have done several transfers with it and never had an issue with the NFA branch. Paperwork was done in a few days, and he always returns my phone calls if I have any update questions.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sean did mine and handled some class 3 transactions for me. Now if I can get him to give my 458 socom back. LOL

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sean is a pretty good hog hunter as well as a nfa knowledgeable attorney.

He also spells better than I do.

Good guy

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I used Christopher Bass. He charged $300, answered all my questions quickly, filled me in on things I didn't even think about, and did it while he was on vacation. The clock doesn't stop for Mr. Bass.

Dave Morris

I used Sean Cody and it cost $450. What I got back was riddled with errors and appeared to have been done by some underling. I asked for changes to correct all the mistakes, and it sat and languished for a long time before I reminded him I was waiting for changes. When the changed document arrived, it still had mistakes. I corrected those myself and chastized myself for not just using a template at much lower price.